X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

rotel is quick to implement latest SW in shipping models

I went into a store yesterday, and they had a brand new RSX-1055 on the shelf. I noticed it diplayed the volume on the display. So it was at least a V2.24 software version.

Apperantly the is not mutch stock here in Holland, since the software is rather new.

I wil get mine soon, for audition. I almost concidered getting a RSP-985 and a RB-985. It was used, but at a very low price. (280 Euro for the RSP, 500 Euro for the RB-985)

But my rack space is limited, and I simply do not have the room for this.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

I just received my 1055 within the last week. The volume isn't always on the display, but it does come up when I change the volume. Is that the newest version?

Thanks,

Neal

Comment

• Trevor_J
      • Oct 2002

Neal_C,
      he is referring to the volume being displayed on screen when you adust it from the remote, not the front panel LCD. BTW, you can check to see what version your Rotel is running by holding down the 'mute' button on your remote. For the 1.x series, 1.48 is the latest version, for the 2.x series 2.25 is the latest.

Comment

• Neal_C
        • Feb 2003

Are you sure about that on the display? According the swedish website, the newer firmware version replaces the record function on the lcd with volume.

So what is the difference between the 1.x series and the 2.x series? Should I take back my 1.x series and request a 2.x series?
        Mine is currently running 1.43 and I just got it delivered a couple days ago. Should I update to version 1.48? Have my dealer update it for me?

Thanks,

Neal

Comment

• Trevor_J
          • Oct 2002

*I wish the 'Please Email me when someone replies to my topic' feature worked!!!!!*

Neal, you'll want to upgrade to the newer software revision. You are correct in that the newer version does away with the record input on the LCD but it also now shows you the volume level in NUMBERS on the OSD (if you are using Coposite or S-video). Upgrading is simple so you could do it yourself, you could also see if your dealer can do it for you if you don't want to make the cable yourself or pay Rotel to ship it to you.

Regarding the differences between 2.xx and 1.xx Rotel's. From what I understand, they changed an internal component which keeps the specs and features the same but at the same time making the firmware versions incompatible. You don't need to worry about exchanging your 1.xx with a 2.xx unit.

HTH.

Comment

• Neal_C
            • Feb 2003

I emailed Andrew that question and he told me that they changed the video chip inside the unit to allow for more bandwidth on the component inputs, thus giving the 2.x series. That would go along with what you said about changing something inside that would make firmware revisions not backward compatible.

I have also seen that the bandwidth problem was changed on everything after a certain serial number. Does that include both series?

My serial number is: 072-2311243 if that helps any.

Thanks,

Neal

Comment

• eelco74
              • Dec 2002

I was talking about the LCD display on the front.

if it displays the volume (in stead of record) it is at least 1.48 of 2.24

But since it is a new unit, I suppose it will be 2.24 or even 2.25.

I had no remote, so I could not check the version :-)

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
              Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
              Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"