X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

DB25?

Maybe a dumb question, but I have no idea what exactly is the benefit/use of the DB25 (RS232), port on the back of some of the ROTEL products, like my RMB-1095.

Anyone?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • ZX 6R
    • Jan 2003

Older rotel surround processors also had the DB 25 port. You could connect your pre-amp processor to your power amp with that one cable instead of having a cable for each channel.

Comment

• DSGCobra
      • Feb 2003

The sound quality probably isn't as good, using the DB-25. I should check, I bet my OLD rsp-985 has a db-25 on the back.

RSP-1098
      RMB-1095
      RDV-1080
      Energy C-9
      Energy Vertias V2.0C
      Energy C-3
      Paradigm PS-1200
      Audioquest everything.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

the RSP-980 does have the DB25 connection. Back then, it may have been the only way, as I dont' think you weren't given separate RCA connections on the RSP-980 pre-processor, and RB-985 amp.

There's no real way this can be considered an advantage except for cord clutter. It's still unbalanced and in general, the quality of the wire isn't what you will get with high quality separate interconnects.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"