X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Using RMB-1095 DB25 connection question

First off is anyone using the DB25 connection on the 1095? Have you tried RCA cables? Any difference in sound?

I'm looking at replacing my RCA cables that I use to hookup between my pre/pro and 1095. Mainly to tidy up behind my rack. I'm interested in the CobaltCable DB25 to 6RCA

Reading in the manual it says you have to use Open Circuit RCA plugs in the unbalanced input for proper impedance. What are these as I didn't get them with my 1095 when I bought it.

ht_addict
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Any normal Cinch/RCA cable works fine. I see no reason to use this DB25 at all, since its lacks flexibility in your choice of cables.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

They are really long center pin RCA plugs.. Should have been included with your manual. They go in the RCA inputs and push a switch inside to turn on the balanced and DB25 inputs. Rotel should be able to provide you with some if you can't find them. Shorting RCA plugs WILL NOT work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Given how thin those cables appear from those cobalts i'd be inclined to stick to well made regular RCA cables instead.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"