X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisbr40
    • Mar 2005

Repost: Audio problem with 1066 and cable service

Sorry for repost but I've a)been away b)got new info to clarify my problem and c) getting anxious.

I have 1066 receiving feed from Motorola 6412 STB/PVR provided by Comcast. Service in my area is analog for channels 2-99 & digital for >100. I have tried both SPDIF & TOSS digital audio cables with (simultaneous) analog cables between STB and Prepro. Input on Prepro is set to digital default.

Problem is that I get Dolby Digital signal and surround sound on channels >100 (digital) but no audio on channels 2-99 (analog/'baseband audio'). I think what is supposed to happen is prepro looks for digital signal first and in its absence checks analog. This isn't happening in my case. If I remove digital connection I get audio on all channels but no Dolby, of course.

I've replaced the 6412 but no change. I'm pretty sure the problem is in 1066. I've contacted Rotel but no reply yet.

Any one seen this problem and/or know if their is a solution?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

The motorola STBs I've worked with convert the analog channels to PCM, so you shouldn't need the analog connections at all.

Maybe there's a setting in the STB's menu that controls this. Check the manual, or call Comcast.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Likely what's happening is that even though the digital connection isn't being used on the lower channels its still active which tricks the Rotel into thinking there's a signal there so it doesn't bother looking on the analog inputs. Its a fairly common problem with some STB's and the only real work around is either switch STB's or use two different inputs on the Rotel..one for the lower channels and one for the higher digital ones.

Comment

• bimmer528
        • Sep 2004

Tricked indeed. I have the same setup as chris. It's something that I just have to deal with until I upgrade my preamp.

I don't know where your from chris but you should get sound on everything but local.

Now the high def channels which you still get since you have the box are located above 100 somewhere in your providers channel list. If you don't have hd your picture will be small but at least you have sound :P

Comment

• Bostonears
          • Mar 2004

See my post here with a possible fix for this problem
          I've found this problem posted before but didn't seen resolution. Setting up newly purchased 1066 with Comcast DVR and 5.1 speaker systems. Default surround mode is DPLII. I get sound from HiDef channels but no sound from standard channels. Advice appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"