Any issues with Rotel 1056/1067/1068 and Dolby Digital EX?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

Any issues with Rotel 1056/1067/1068 and Dolby Digital EX?

I just got a new Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD player, and am noticing an issue with SD discs encoded in Dolby Digital EX - when I advance a track forward (aka chapter skip) the Rotel gets confused and outputs tons of noise.

Changing inputs on the rotel and back fixes the problem, so the output stream is obviously ok.

I wonder if anyone else has had any issues with Dolby Digial EX on this series of Rotel products?

(by the way...
    Dolby Digital EX only works on rotels that are configured for 6 or more speakers (not including the sub)

Toshiba A3's don't output dolby digital by default - they output bitstream (2ch)

So I won't be surprised if this hasn't come up yet!)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not that I've seen. Are you at the latest firmware?

If you have two center rear speakers, I would recommend running all Dolby Digtal signals with PLIIx applied rather then EX. You will have to apply it to a regular DD signal and a DD-EX signal to make it default on when either signal is seen.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nuthed
      • Jan 2007

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if thats a problem with a lot of Rotels.

I have an RSX-972 that gets confused when skipping chapters once in a while. I also have to switch inputs, then everything is fine.

I know my receiver is older, about 6 years, but still.
      Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
      RB980-BX driving mains
      Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
      Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
      Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
      SVS PB-12

Comment

• renpar61
        • Jul 2007

I will add another problem that could be related: I have a RSX-1057 and Dish DVR. On recorded material, sometimes I skip forward and loose sound completely. Need to turn off receiver and back on. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's still annoying.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"