X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boothbrave
    • Mar 2003

new member- gotta query

Hi folks ! I've got a modest system and always looking to improve my setup. The current gear consists of the Polk rti series with an H/K receiver(w/preouts)

Do amps bring out better details and nuances? Or is that left to the processor? I'm looking on adding the 1075 amp to my setup and wondering how that could improve the musical fidelity to my system.
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

I hear mixed opinions on this issue. I personally think it is BOTH that make the difference with the sound quality.

Comment

• Rcovell
      • Dec 2002

boothbrave-
      Welcome to the forum. While amps can add a slight flavor to the music, their effect is usually not as great as other factors. However, more, clean power is always going to let your speakers do the best job possible. Distortion caused by pushing an inadequate amp beyond it limits is audible and can even damage your speakers, in extreme cases. Buy quality and you won't be disappointed.
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"