X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pangloss
    • May 2003

simon,

if you still want to port this to java at some point, i'd be happy to collaborate--i'm just about to get the 1055, barring an offer-i-can't-refuse on an nad t762. might work out well--i don't know vb, but i have been programming server-side java professionally for awhile (so i'll have to learn swing, etc.).

eddie

Comment

• simonb68
      • Jan 2003

Hi Eddie, yes I might well attempt to port it at some stage, I may be moving jobs in a while and will need some java, so a good learning experience. The RSX/RSP version is taking a bit of a back seat at the moment, I'm currently trying to help a fellow forum member get a version working for the RA1070. It got to the point where making an all-for-one version wasnt really viable. The only way to do it would be to programmatically draw the screen but couldnt be bothered to get into that. The next big thing, after the few cosmetic changes people have requested, is to implement an OSD config function.

I suspect that more can be done with the RS232 interface, message types 0 and 3 are reserved (for what I wonder??), I might ask Rotel.

But as JKohn points out in your own rs232 thread, there's not a lot, if anything, that cant be done with some with some handy pronto programming, or any such remote.

I'm busy for the next few weekends, but will come back to it at some point. The source is freely available so feel free to get stuck in.

Simon

Comment

• TonyPTX
        • Apr 2003

What an excellent program. This Rotel has exceeded all my expectations and now everything is just gravy on top. Keep up the good work folks.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
        "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

• AlvaroD
          • Oct 2002

Rsp 1068 ?

hello

I see the rsp-1098 is now supported by the tool.
          Any chances of a rsp-1068 support ?

Comment

• simonb68
            • Jan 2003

AlvaroD, if the spec if published it should be straightforward, I'll hopefully get it done in the next week or two.

Flattered that people are still using this to be honest.

Never got round to that java port :roll: , but have been thinking about it, maybe one day.

Comment

• AlvaroD
              • Oct 2002

Hello Simon

I use it everyday and really love it, very usefull tool when the HTPC is far away from the preamp !

I have a rsp-1066 right now and just thinking about upgrading to a 1068, thus the question

Comment

• simonb68
                • Jan 2003

The spec is published, changing the unit id code for the commands is straightforward but it looks like the display codes may have changed so the commands should still work but the display may be a bit screwy, I'll take a look and see what I can do. Might get round to it this weekend, but the Euro 2004 football tournaments starts then (that's soccer to you good US folk) so we'll have to see.

EDIT: AlvaroD, just noticed your location, are you a football fan, looking forward to Sunday?

Comment

• AlvaroD
                  • Oct 2002

erm, no, I'm not a football fan ops:

Comment

• AlvaroD
                    • Oct 2002

I made the jump to rsp-1068

I hope you find the time to update the controller, that's one functionnality I'm really missing right now

Comment

• AlvaroD
                      • Oct 2002

As the sources were available, I'm re-writing the software for rsp-1068.

Due to large amounts of differences in display and lack of time, it will be a specific version, won't work for any other component than 1068 I guess.

When I'm finished and if simon agrees I can publish it if you want ?

Comment

• belrik
                        • Sep 2008

Does anyone have a copy of this??

Please please can someone send me a copy of this binary, it looks like an excellent program and I've mislaid my rotel's remote during a house move!
                        Using an RSX-1055 which I can't presently change the digital input on!!

thanks in advance to any helpful soul
                        Stephen

Comment

• Kevin D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2002

Here you go:

Kevin D.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Win
                            • Aug 2010

Hey guys (and girls).

I'm new to this, so please forgive any ignorance.

I was wondering if there was a simple user interface that I could use on the PC for my RSP-1098.

I am after simple volume control, power on/off control, and selection of the video 1 and cd inputs only.

Is there anything out there that does this (or that is configurable), or (optionally) something that maps these commands to a series of key presses on a keyboard (ie: CTRL, C).

Thanks in advance,

Win. .

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"