X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A*Caps
    • Jan 2003

RSP-1066 and Composite Cable

When hooking up a progressive scan DVD player, the RSP-1066, and a digital tevevision with composite video: Do you just do composite video from the DVD, to the 1066, then composite to the TV? What are you all doing for this onfiguration? Thanks in advance
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Composite Video Connection:

Single RCA composite video cable to V1...V5 Composite In of RSP-1066
    Single RCA coaxial or single fiberoptic toslinc cable to Digital In 1..3 (coaxial) or digital in 1 or 2 (toslink)of RSP-1066 for sound
    Single RCA composite video cable from Monitor Out of RSP-1066 to your monitor

Component Video Connection:

3 RCA (Cr,Cb,Y) cable to Component Video In 1 or 2
    Single RCA coaxial or single fiberoptic toslinc cable to Digital In 1..3 (coaxial) or digital in 1 or 2 (toslink)of RSP-1066 for sound
    3 RCA (Cr,Cb,Y) cable from Component Video Monitor Out to your monitor

Also instead of Digital audio connection, you can use Multi Input (5.1 or 6 cables) connection between your DVD and RSP-1066 if your DVD has 5.1 analog output. There is the issue of bass doubling with this connection which you can read about in this forum. I would just go with digital connection for audio since it will give you more freedom in setup.

Finally some people belive that it is better to connect the DVD directly to you TV monitor without going through the Pre-Pro. This is due to the fact that some Pre-Pros would degrade the video signal and introduce noise.

I hope this helped,
    Maziar

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I've just got to point out here that COMPOSITE cable will give you one of the lowest quality pictures available to you. If at all possible, you definitely want to connect via the next step up at least, which is S-video, using the same connections. Even better is to use the COMPONENT connections (note that it's the three cable version different than the single composite cable--typically misunderstood) to give even better picture quality.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Oh, and I re-read your post and saw that you were talking about a progressive scan DVD player and a digital TV. In that case, you DEFINITELY want to use your higher-end connections, and of course I recommend component video. Come to think of it, I don't even know if composite will carry a progressive scan image. (entering High Definition TV range) But if you're going for a better image, then why not use your better connectors too?

CHRIS
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

You can't transmit a progressive signal over a single composite video connection. It doesn't transmit enough lines of resolution. Only component will carry HDTV. I am pretty sure, that's the case with progressive scan as well, not even S-video will carry it.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Actually, I looked it up, Lex, and I think you're right. S-video and composite video seem to be capped at 30MHz bandwidth from what I've seen on current processors, and ONLY component video is going above that, up to 200-300 MHz.

CHRIS
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"