X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy
    • Feb 2003

Internal bridging for RB-971

Well I've got my used 971 I won off ebay coming (it's in Ohio right now) and I'm wondering if anyone has performed the internal bridging operation descibed in the manual. I've never taken the cover off any of my electronics and while the procedure sounds simple I don't want to screw anything up. Is there a danger of damaging something easily or will I have to work at it?

Also the manual says 200w bridged, but I've seen quotes of around 180 as well. Which is it? I am looking forward to running this bridged for my center channel to complement the 991 I have running the mains. Any information is appreciated.
  • chachi
    • Mar 2003

It is simple as can be, off comes the upper casing, three jumpers to shift (surprisingly identical to PC jumpers), on goes the casing, and use the +/+ terminals only when wiring.

rotel's specification and the accompanying manual state 180w bridged output, so I will take their word for it

Audio: Rotel RSP-976, RT-955, RCD-955, 2x RB-971mkII's (Fronts), RB-956AX (Rears/Centre)
    Spkrs: 2x Wharfedale Pi-30s, 2x Wharfedale Pi-10s, Wharfedale Pi-Centre
    Video: Hitachi C36WF810 36" WSTV, Panasonic DMR-E50, Sky+PVR, Hyundai CI/PVR
    HTPC: Radeon 8500DV, dual 160gb HDs, Panasonic LF-D311 and NEC 1100A
    Links: My DVD Collection
    Video: Sagem 56" HD RPTV, Oppo BD-83
    Audio: Rotel RSP-1069, RDD-980, 2x RB-1070, RB-993
    Spkrs: Wharfedale Pi-30s x2, Pi-Centre, Si-Fi Orbs x2, BK XLS-200 subs x2

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"