X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim1961
    • Nov 2012

CA-100 X2 bridged

Ive owned my Classe CA-100 for 18 years. Finally got some speakers worthy of doing more and so have bought a second CA-100 with the plan of bridging them both.

I am not sure what to expect in terms of sound, but in about a week ill be able to tell. Havent had this kind of power (350w) since getting rid of my Krell KSA-200 back in 1995.

In the meantime, if anyone has bridged this amp and has a story, id love to hear it. Or any story concerning bridged Classe amps.
    Seek out and destroy early high gain room reflections
  • jim1961
    • Nov 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	858369

Got the new amp in place.

Have to say, I like what I am hearing. The imagery seems more "airy", better defined. The bass slightly more punchy. Got 6db in gain (nice considering my use of using a passive pre amp). A bit of strain at higher volumes present before is now gone.

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

I did not think you would have a problem. Others have used Classé amps in bridged mode without complaint.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

To often so called entry-level Classé amplifiers are overlooked for their full potential. The CA-2100 is also bridgeable and it will deliver 400 watts into an 8 ohm load. There was a time not long ago when you could buy two for the price of a single CA-2200. And if that wasn't enough, bi-amping four of them would out perform a pair of CA-M400 for the same price, per Classé.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• jim1961
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by RebelMan
          To often so called entry-level Classé amplifiers are overlooked for their full potential. The CA-2100 is also bridgeable and it will deliver 400 watts into an 8 ohm load. There was a time not long ago when you could buy two for the price of a single CA-2200. And if that wasn't enough, bi-amping four of them would out perform a pair of CA-M400 for the same price, per Classé.
          Your quite right. The CA-100 is barely considered a Classe amp at all in some circles, always hearing how much better the CA-200, 300, & 400 were.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

This is true. If they only knew. For instance, the CA-2100 is not only stable down to 2 ohms but is capable of delivering more than 700 watts of dynamic power into an 1 ohm load, it has a higher slew rate than a couple of its bigger brothers and watt-for-watt has larger reserves. With fairly sensitive speakers (~90dB) and loads that don't dip too much below 3 ohms a person is likely to blow out their ears before the amp would clip. It's like the Defiant that Commander Riker once said was a "Tough little ship!" Indeed.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"