X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmib
    • Jul 2004

RB03 bridging or better biamping for the center

Hi Rotelians,

as you already know from my profile, I run a 1055 with four huge IQ System300T and a big Boston Center VR14 from the THX series. As I like to wish to deactivate the center in 5 Channel stereo easiliy and wish to give my RSX 1055 power supply more power for the IQ's, I would like to run the Bosten Center with my RB 03.

Now my Question:
    Is it better to run the Center with a bridged RB03 to get better speach understanding and stressless Power or would this not be such harmonic with 140 W on the Center and only 75 on the mains and the rears.

The other way is to run the rb03 in biamping mode with the left channel for the heights and the midth and the right channel for the bass driver. I woukd think that this should bring a more precise sound stage in the midth and heights and it should be more harmonic, because the rb 03 has 70 W in unbridged mode so only 5 W less than the RSX 1055.
    What do you think about my thoughts?

Any Comment would be appreciated. :E :E
    lmib
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

I would say yes, as the centre does most of the work and that little bit of extra power will be good.

Fish

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

I'm using an RMB1066 (six channel) amp, with two of the channels for the center speaker. I tried configurations both with the channels bridged and biamped, and I can say that at least for my center speaker (Sonus Faber Piccolo Solo) the biamped method definitely sounds better. For lack of a better term, I'd say it sounds "crisper".

I'd recommend that you try it both ways with your own center speaker to see which sounds best.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"