X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hectic1
    • Dec 2002

Rotel 1066 in 2 channel

I have the Rotel 1066 processor and one of the features is beginning to become really annoying. I prefer to listen to music in 2 channel without a sub on. The proble with this is that the crossover setting is universal. This means that every time I have to go into the OSD and switch the fronts to large in order to get them to play full range. :evil: Is there any way to change this? If not the Rotel might be headed for Ebay or Audiogon?
  • Chris3G
    • Sep 2002

update to the latest firmware.

go into the sub level menu and set the sub to "off" for stereo. Set your mains to "small" and be sure you are using the analog inputs for your CD player.

you will get a full range signal to your mains (despite the "small" setting) when using 2 channel stereo and no sub output.

Comment

• hectic1
      • Dec 2002

Chris, I would do this but I have a HDCD player and I don't think that it will work with out a digital cable connected to it. I have a DVD-A player already attached to the Mult-in inputs. I have firmware 2.21 and have tried the update with no sucess. I will try again in a couple of weeks once I get moved so I only have to take the system apart once.

Comment

• Chris3G
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hectic1
        Chris, I would do this but I have a HDCD player and I don't think that it will work with out a digital cable connected to it. I have a DVD-A player already attached to the Mult-in inputs. I have firmware 2.21 and have tried the update with no sucess. I will try again in a couple of weeks once I get moved so I only have to take the system apart once.
        Are you using a digital output from your player or the analog outputs? It will work if you connect to the analog cd-inputs, but not if you use a digital connection. If you use a digital connection you would need to set the speakers to "large" each time. It works for analog because the inputs are analog bypass, so the signal will be full-range regardless of the setting.

This won't work on the multi-inputs because there is no way as of yet to disable sub output.

Also, this won't work with 2.21 becuase you won't be able to set the sub "off" in the sub level menu. you need 2.24 at least.

Comment

• hectic1
          • Dec 2002

I'll give it a try tonight! Thanks for the help Chris!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"