X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcbruck
    • Feb 2003

RSP-1066 & DVD-A

Hello All:

I too have been lurking about for the last month or two learning everything I could before taking the plunge………and I did with the 1066/1075 Silver-Combo and I couldn’t be more satisfied! I’ve left the Denon family behind with little disappointment I might add!

I do, however, have one concern about my current setup that I was hoping I could get some guidance with: I'm using a Denon 1600 DVD player utilizing the 6 channel output for DVD-A playback (optical for video) and connecting to the Multi-In on the RSP-1066. When listening to DVD-A I hear the music in each channel, however, the readout on the RSP-1066 reflects a three-channel stereo configuration............am I doing something wrong? Shouldn’t the 1066 sense the 5.1 source signal? I did set the DVD player to Multi-channel out, so I'm fairly certain I have the DVD player setup properly. Any information that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Another proud Rotel owner,

-John
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

John, Welcome to Club ROTEL. And congrats on your new gear.

Depending on what firmware your 1066 has...

When you switch over to MULTI IN. The unit stays in the previous decoder mode. But it is not using that decoder. If you go to the OSD, under OTHER, you'll see that the MULTI=ON. You will also notice in the SUB LEVEL menu, you can adjust the sub output level setting for MULTI. It also shows up on the standard, blank screen, when you are watching the "monitor out" from the 1066. However it does no stick for long. I have the monitor out of the 1066 going to a separate video input on the TV. That way I can PIP it and still keep my source display going

In the latest beta firmware, ROTEL has made this easier, by displaying the word MULTI on the left side of the 1066's display.

Again, when in MULTI, no decoding is used. It doesn't sense a 5.1 source so much as it switches over to the 6 discrete analog inputs. Whatever comes in, goes right to those channels, bypassing the decoders altogether.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• jcbruck
      • Feb 2003

Thomas – Thanks for the warm welcome! Well, after following the threads for the latest upgrade, I built the cable and performed the upgrade to the latest version yesterday. So I do see the Multi indication on the left side of the display, but you’re explanation of the Multi and lack of decoding makes perfect sense to me now…..Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"