Why not a "Trade Up" offer from Rotel on the 1098?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wanderso
    • Sep 2002

Why not a "Trade Up" offer from Rotel on the 1098?

The 1098 is looking mighty attractive to me these days...

Anyone out there think we could convince Rotel to follow Lexicon and Bryston's (and many others) example and offer a trade in on the new 1098...

No more bass management issues.

Anyone care to comment or has anyone spoken to Rotel on this idea?

Wilson
  • SayersWeb
    • Dec 2002

I certainly would consider this option...... Not holding my breath though.

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
    Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

They will never do!

We are not owning Tag Mc Laren.

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

It's not Rotel, but the dealer that can offer you a trade up. I already ordered my RSP-1098, and my dealer told me he would give me 100% credit on my RSP-1066 if it's less then 1 year old, and bought from them...

It's not uncommon. I do this since 3 years for my DVD-player and my speakers, so I upgrade once a year with 100% credit. that's why i don,t shop on the internet, and I always go see the same dealer. :LOL:
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

My dealer also offers upgrading program:

Home Theater Receivers and Pre-Pros=2%/month depreciation
          Amplifiers, speakers, DVD/CD players, Stereo receivers: 100% credit for first year, 1%/month depreciation after that

I have been with the same dealer since 1990 and gone through a lot of different audio gear. Not only they offer upgrading program, but also their customer service is top notch.

Next upgrade is RSP-1098 followed by RMB-1095 and speakers. I can’t wait

Thanks,
          Maziar

Comment

• wanderso
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mazuly
            My dealer also offers upgrading program:

Home Theater Receivers and Pre-Pros=2%/month depreciation
            Amplifiers, speakers, DVD/CD players, Stereo receivers: 100% credit for first year, 1%/month depreciation after that

I have been with the same dealer since 1990 and gone through a lot of different audio gear. Not only they offer upgrading program, but also their customer service is top notch.

Next upgrade is RSP-1098 followed by RMB-1095 and speakers. I can’t wait

Thanks,
            Maziar
            Mariar,

I have been to Ottaw frequently in the last six weeks and will be going again soon. What is the dealer there that you buy from?

Thanks,

Wilson

Comment

• mazuly
              • Feb 2003

I am shocked and hurt you calling me Mariar. It sounds like a girls name 8O

The dealers name is Dewar Audio ( Website ). They are very knowledgeable people about the products they sell and their customer service is just excellent.

Thanks,
              Maziar

Comment

• ZX 6R
                • Jan 2003

Okay, Maziar your cheque is in the mail And there won't even be any retribution for the virus that turned out not to be a virus :LOL:

Wanderso.

I work for the dealer Maziar mentioned. First my apologies if you actually went to our site. It's hopelessly out of date(we're working on a new site). We'd be happy to help you, but you do have to come to the store or else we'd be in violation of our agreement with Rotel. Also you should be aware of a few things first. If you decide to purchase from us, a dealer in Winnipeg wouldn't necessarily be obliged to repair your piece if anything went wrong. We do have a 1-800 number though and have clients all over the globe(Sarajevo is currently about the furthest one). Generally our long distance clients just use ground shipping for service or trading up. Our philosophy is not to discount the price of the product but to charge full price and try to add value to the ownership experience(eg. nobody is on commission so no trying to upsell you, trade up program, enhanced warranty, 1-800 number good for all North America, and committment to constantly updating our training).
                Also probably both a pro and a con is we are a little anal when it comes to some things like having identical speakers all the way around in home theaters(you hear that all of you reading this?....IDENTICAL I tells ya!!! :twisted: or at least the front 3. Death to the infidel centre channel speaker!)...errmm okay enough of that. :P

Sorry for the long spiel just wanted to let you know about some of the potential draw backs and benefits with buying from us. Anyways like I said in the beginning we'd be glad to help you if you do drop by our neck of the woods.

Comment

• wanderso
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ZX 6R
                  Okay, Maziar your cheque is in the mail And there won't even be any retribution for the virus that turned out not to be a virus :LOL:

Wanderso.

I work for the dealer Maziar mentioned. First my apologies if you actually went to our site. It's hopelessly out of date(we're working on a new site). We'd be happy to help you, but you do have to come to the store or else we'd be in violation of our agreement with Rotel. Also you should be aware of a few things first. If you decide to purchase from us, a dealer in Winnipeg wouldn't necessarily be obliged to repair your piece if anything went wrong.

Sorry for the long spiel just wanted to let you know about some of the potential draw backs and benefits with buying from us. Anyways like I said in the beginning we'd be glad to help you if you do drop by our neck of the woods.
                  Actually, I am VERY happy with my local dealer, but I was looking for somewhere to VISIT when I was in Ottawa!!!

Wilson

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"