Upgrading rotel 1098 to SSP-300. Worth it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

Upgrading rotel 1098 to SSP-300. Worth it?

I have my eyes on the SSP-300 lately since there is a really good deal I might be able to get my hand on. Do you think it's worth the upgrade? :P

I'm running a pair of Nautilus 803 through Rotel 1098 processor and Rotel 1075 amp. I'm trying to get the Nautilus 802 from a friend of mine but the deal isn't going well, hopefully everything is sort out by the end of this week. I'm thinking if everything go well, SSP-300 and a new 1092 would drive the N 802 really well. I'm a stereo type of guy. Music perfromance is at the higest prior. Movie is second hence I'm keeping my Nautilus HTM2, even though it doesn't fit in any where with the 803 nor the 802, for the movies' sake.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The 1098 is a fine pre-amp, but I'm sure the ssp-300 would be a notch or two up on it. Personally, if the price is right, I'd trade.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• weijst
      • Jun 2004

I went from a RSP1068 to a SSP-300. I would say no! Especially since the RSP1098 is considered to be even better than the RSP1068...
      Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• BlueSander
        • Apr 2008

Thanks for replying guys.

Originally posted by weijst
        I went from a RSP1068 to a SSP-300. I would say no! Especially since the RSP1098 is considered to be even better than the RSP1068...
        That's quite interestin. Could you explain things out a bit? I notice you are running Classe Amp, too. How is it? I'm sure upgrading to Classe amp will probably give me a bigger jump than just the processor alone but the price is a tad steep coming up from Rotel (not like Rotel was that cheap anyways).

Comment

• weijst
          • Jun 2004

I see you found the other thread, in which I commented on the CA5100, too. Again, the amp brought me a better overall improvement than the SSP300 did. More control, depth and bass (even from the little 805S). Since I got the pre/pro first and later replaced the amp, I was able to make a good comparisson. Luckily though I got a good deal on the SSP300 and indeed there was some improvement, so I still consider it to be money well spend.

Good luck and please do share your findings!
          Last edited by weijst; 08 May 2012, 12:07 Tuesday.
          Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"