X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhillipC
    • Jan 2003

2 channel pre to hook up with Rotel

Right now I have my cd player hooked up to my Rotel 1066 and then hooked up to a Bryston 4B-SST. I am looking at a used Bryston BP-25 pre to upgrade my 2 channel sound. Just wondering about hooking everything up. I know that the CD player will hook up to the BP25 which will then hook up to the amp. My question is how to hook up the Rotel to the bp25?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Phillip, I believe you will need a pre-amp with a gain control on it in order to hook the pre-processor to the pre-amp and you will need analog bypass for left and right on the Rotel. This was never my specialty keeping up with exactly how to do this. But I am pretty sure that's accurate.

Myself, my proceed HPA-2 has both RCA and XLR inputs. My Classe' CP-35 analog pre-amp has XLR outputs. So, I hook my Classe to the XLR inputs on the amp, and the MC-1 left and right channel to the RCA amp inputs. On order to toggle between 2 channel music and home theater, I have to manually flip 2 toggle switches on my HPA-2 amp. No remote control for this operation.

But for me, to maintain separate yet together solid state 2 channel and home theater, it's the only real solution, as the MC-1 doesn't have analog bypass, and my pre-amp does not have gain control.

I think you may well have the analog bypass part covered, so before you jump on the Bryston, you better make sure it has gain control.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• PhillipC
      • Jan 2003

Hi Lex,

My Bryston amp has RCA and XLR inputs as well so I could do what you're describing. I would prefer not going behind the amp everytime I need to switch between HT and 2 channel. I could also just hook up the 1066 to an input on the BP25 but I'm not sure if this will change the signal at all. Someone had mentioned using the tape loop on the BP25. I was just wondering how to hook it all up

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"