OK, Who is using a Power Center/'Line Conditioner?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

OK, Who is using a Power Center/'Line Conditioner?

Specifically the Monster 3500 and 3600 or the even the AVS 2000?

What are your thoughts? Did it help or degrade the sound of your equipment?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

My wife got me the Monster 3600 for Christmas (and got a wonderful deal on it as well). It didn't degrade anything and we both feel it cleaned up our std. def satellite signal a little bit.
    I have my Mits 46807, Hughes E86, Replaytv, Rotel RMB-1075, Sony cd changer, Denon DVD1600 connected to it.
    If nothing else, I just like knowing that everything is protected.

Neal

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

I have a Monster HTS5100 on my gear and it made a noticable difference, lowered the noise floor on the audio side and noticed more depth in the picture on the video end of things.It has no problem supplying the juice to a RMB-1075,RB-1080,RSP-1066,DVPS7700 and a 50" projo.TV

Comment

• pbarata
        • Feb 2003

I've an Olson Sound Fantastic mains filter (http://www.soundfantastic.co.uk/). I can really say that when I power my Technics MIDI through Olson its possible to ear a very noticeable difference in sound, with much better bass. But having Rotel RSP-1066 and Rotel RMB-1075 powered using the same mains unit, I can’t notice such a difference, I sincerely can't judge which one sound better to me ?!

I got some advice in order to have the pre-amp connect through Olson mains and the power amp directly to mains socket. Can anyone tell me advantages and disadvantages of doing so? Which set up is better?
        Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
        Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• terry78
          • Jan 2003

I recently ordered a Blue Circle Audio Music Ring MR 1200. I'll provide feedback after it arrives.

Comment

• jaakan
            • Dec 2002

In a word "both."
            A Plus for Plasma Display, you can get deeper blacks, or any units with bad power stages.

Some Power Amps have a Line Conditioner built-in.
            Some to Most high current Power Amps that don't have a L.C. will have their D.range and power clipped if you use them with a L.C.

Add up the MAX watts for each unit you will use on one L.C.
            if it's more than the MAX of the L.C. you have a problem.

I use two 1,200watt L.C.s from TrippLite ( both five years old )
            both work fine, I have tested many newer unit and no Pluses with the newer ones, so I have no need to get new ones.

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

I have a Monster HTS2500. It's really nothing more than a glorified power strip. No benefit to me whatsover, except for the extra outlets and another cool black box to put under the monitor.

Comment

• Zyzio
                • Feb 2003

:LOL: I'm using Helion power conditioner and Helion Powercords with Rotel RSP 1066 and Primare A 30.5 power amp and the sound is much better-clear and well controlled.
                I'm new in this forum. I live in Poland.
                Sorry for my English. ops:

Comment

• bdub
                  • Jan 2003

Forget the Monster products... PS Audio's vast array of power conditioning products do a much better job than the Monster products. I just picked up the Power Director and the results are amazing. The noise floor is sinificantly lower and the video results are stunning. I never knew that I was missing so much!!

I also use the High Current 20amp Ultimate Outlet for my sub. Much cleaner, more defined bass. Amazing difference!

The Power Ports are a great upgrade that make a huge difference. These AC recepticles are hospital grade and fully isolated. You would not believe the difference $50 makes in your system!

Check out the webiste (http://www.psaudio.com) - The forums are a great resource and the customer service is second to none.

System:

Rotel RSP-1066
                  Krell KAV-250A (mains)
                  Rotel RB-985 (surrounds and center)
                  Denon POA-80 (2nd zone)
                  Rotel RCD-951
                  Denon DVD-3800
                  Sony KP-57WV700 (57" widescreen)

B&W CDM-9nt (mains)
                  B&W CDM-Cnt (center)
                  B&W CWM-800 (2 pairs inwall surrounds)
                  B&W ASW-CDM (sub)
                  B&W CCM-65 (2nd zone in-ceiling)

PS Audio Power Director 4.7 (20amp)
                  PS Audio Ultimate Outlet (20amp for sub)
                  PS Audio Power Ports (3 pairs)

2 dedicated 20amp lines with 10 gauge wire from breaker to outlets

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"