X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Panamax or Monster

Hi, I have been reading the specs on both the Panamax and the Monster Power Conditioners. I am in the market to buy a conditioner this week but I have one question. The Monster specifies that it also "Stabilizes" power to your gear with Stage 4 protection. The Panamax group protects and seem to have an excellent filtration system with a low or no power shut down sensor which IMO is fab. Now, how important is the stabilizer feature and/or can anyone of you testify to your brand of power conditioner/s. Does all power conditioners stabilize power?

Help!

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE

• SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

I have the Monster HTS-2500 and to be honest, I can't tell what the thing does. It's great to have a central location for all my power cables and it looks impressive but I cannot see or hear any improvements in performance.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If you want a line conditioner that will actually improves the sonics then get a device from Balanced Power Technologies

I've been using their BP-1, BP-2, and BP-4 for a couple of months now and the improvements are quite noticable.

JonMarsh was out for a quick visit last week and he liked what the devices did. We did a quick A/B comparison in the HT, devices in vs out.

I posted a review HERE After a local DAM (Denver Audio Mafia) meeting where we auditioned many of the devices.

There are similar balanced power devices from Equi=tech and Furman, but the prices are quite a bit higher.

BTW, they also improve the picture quality of the direct view TV in the family room

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Well, I don't fool myself into thinking to much conditioning is really going on with Panamax, but been very happy with them as switching devices. I have the entry level Panamax, and it has served me well for years...

They are a pretty good company too. I once talked with them about my Panamax switching situation, and I had a lot of their products! He was so intent upon my using Panamax extension cords, which btw, are dang good ones, that they sent me 3 of them N/C. That my friends is rare in any business.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

Thanks Thomasw for that insight. It would seem that Balance Power Rules! However, I am not sure I can get it here in Canada. Not to worry, My wife and I will be visiting the " Home Electronic Show" in NY City May 30th - June 2 this year. Hopefully we will be able to find it and other answers there.

I have 3 refers in my home and the power draw can be significant at times. Also there is a hum and static/popings at very high levels. I am hoping to get this ready b4 our RPTV arrives.

Thanks guys for your support!!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• Jeff Kowerchuk
            • Sep 2000

The new Panamax MAX 5500 AC Regenerator is a serious piece of gear from Panamax. Early auditioning has shown that it does indeed make a very nice improvement to the sonics of a system.

/Jeff

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

After I installed my VansEvers power conditioner, I had to recalibrate my TV with Video Essentials. The colors were much deeper and brighter, and the contrast had to come down. Sonically? Well that's an objectivists nightmare so I'll just say it changed the sound of my system positively (and NOT subtly).

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"