A question for RSP-1066 owners (not bass related!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Paquette
    • Jan 2003

A question for RSP-1066 owners (not bass related!)

As I continue to await the arrival of my 1066 / 1075 combo I noticed I keep coming across the same complaint about the 1066; all system settings and adjustments must be done through the OSD and/or system info is only displayed on the OSD. What exactly does this mean? In reading over the 1066 owners manual it appears the 1066 displays whether the source is digital or analog, Dolby Digital, DTS, etc. As well as the source being played. What else is there? What am I missing here?
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

Mark,

What people mean is that if you need to change the speakers from large to small, change the crossover or many other features on the 1066. You need to bring a menu screen up so you can navigate and make the change. Many of the features in the onscreen menus aren't available from the 1066 LCD display.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Mark Paquette
      • Jan 2003

Ahhh, now I see the light. No big deal. My Pioneer Elite of 3 years works the same way. Now I just need for the Rotel stork to deliver my gear! It was supposed to be here today, but it didn't show, so I wait.

Comment

• SayersWeb
        • Dec 2002

To take it one step further.... If you are viewing using the Component outputs, the OSD does not work. You have to change the display device to S-video or Composit inputs to see the OSD, make adjustments, and then switch back to the component input.

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
        Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• JKohn
          • Jun 2002

Pretty much everything in the OSD menus is of the "set it and forget it" category, so I don't find this to be a big deal.

You can do things like change surround modes, tweak channel levels, etc from the remote without using the OSD menu.

The only thing missing that I would really like to be able to tweak without going into the OSD is the Prlogic2 Music settings.

Jeff Kohn
          Jeff Kohn
          http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Rock Dog
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2003

Since my TV have 7 inputs. I just pout the reciever's "mon out" into Video-1 of the tv. Then, when I need to make adjustments, I do a split (PiP) screen. That way I have the original source picture, and the OSD up at the same time.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Mark Paquette
              • Jan 2003

My equipment finally came in. My dealer opens at 9:00 tomorrow, I'll be there at 9:01. The best part is I'm off from work tomorrow due to Presidents Day. Hopefully it's a good day!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"