headphone w/RSX-1055 (via tape-out or other?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevkar
    • Jan 2003

headphone w/RSX-1055 (via tape-out or other?)

I'm all set to put the money down and finally buy the Rotel RSX-1055... but the one thing I can't get over is not being able to attach headphone output. The set-up is in a multi-ourpose den, home-study, library, spare bedroom, etc. and have to be able to run silently with audio out to headphone somehow.

I spoke with Rotel U.S. rep. who thought about it for a while and suggested that attaching headphone to the TAPE Output would work... could turn volume down for external speakers and still have audio out via tape output (I can live with having to run the wires around from back; no front output is an inconvenience, but dealable).

Can anybody confirm if this really does work?
    Or any other solution for headphone out with speaker output muted or cranked way down.

-Steve

-Steve
    -Steve
  • sndtowne
    • Jan 2003

Steve,

I believe using a tape output would drive headphones fine, but, since the tape (record) outputs are "fixed" (the volume control has no effect on them) you would need a set of head phones with volume controls. Note: your bass and treble controls will have no effect.

You might want to look into a set of wireless headphones. They also would simply plug into a record output.

You could connect headphones to the main left and right preamp outputs and use the receiver's remote - but then - you would also turn up your speakers at the same time you were turning up your headphones. Not what you want.

Bruce
    Bruce

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

OR the zone2 output with seperate selectable source and volume..

Kevin D.

Comment

• stevkar
        • Jan 2003

thanks... have either of you, or anybody else, actually tried these solutions and found that they work?

-Steve

-Steve
        -Steve

Comment

• sndtowne
          • Jan 2003

I tried it on a Yamaha receiver and it worked fine. Should work the same on a Rotel (I would run check it out for you on a Rotel right now, but I don't own a set of headphones anymore.)

Bruce
          Bruce

Comment

• DJLackey5
            • Dec 2002

I use Acoustic Research wireless headphones (AW791) that connect to your Digital out jack (coax or optical), but it has regular rca jacks that should work with tape-out or 2nd zone, too.

Comment

• stevkar
              • Jan 2003

Thanks everybody... fyi the better wireless headphone options would appear to be either Amphony or Sensheiser (see below):

Senheiser:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/products_headphones_homeuse_cordlessheadphones

Amphony:

http://www.amphony.com/products/head.htm

-Steve

-Steve
              -Steve

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"