X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonJeffman
    • Apr 2009

headphone output - noobie question

Hey,
    Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but if a piece of equipment doesn't advertise it as having a headphone amp, are all the headphone outputs the same (i.e. like a line out or something)?

I was looking at buying some Sennheiser HD650's and read that they really need a headphone amp to perform. So would the headphone output on my RC-970 preamp be sufficient, or would it be no better than the output of an iPod?

I read really good things about the Benchmark DAC's headphone amp, and this isn't really a dedicated headphone amp either, but it advertises as having a headphone amp, but with the RC-970 the only headphone related spec given in the manual is that it can handle 8-2000 ohms, but no power rating or anything like that.

I don't have the opportunity to try out different 'phones with my preamp and a dedicated headphone amp, so any advice is appreciated. (Also, if Rotel has certain pre-amps that do have superior headphone output over others I'd appreciate that too).
    Thanks,
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"