X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Paquette
    • Jan 2003

1066 and heat

Does the 1066 generate much heat? Also, does it have vent holes in the top? I completely forgot to check when I was auditioning. I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to fit everything in my current cabinet.
  • tbusquet
    • Jan 2003

I think it generates quite a bit of heat, right up where the powersupply is located. That's also the place where some cutt outs are to get rid of the heat. I would keep it cleared a bit for proper cooling.

Comment

• Madd
      • Jan 2003

Yes, It gets real "HOT" :evil: There are vent holes on top and bottom but I feel there should be better ventilation for this unit as it produces some real heat.

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!
      Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• JohnSC
        • Jun 2002

Yes it does get hot. I have it in a display cabinet with about 2 inches free above it and it seems to be ok. I spoke to my dealer about it and he said not to worry as they do have a reputation for running hot but that is normal.

I beleive they have a safety cut out if they run too hot anyway. Mine has never cut out.

Comment

• Claude D D
          • Jan 2003

My RSP-1066 is in an open rack with about 2-3 inches space above it and open on the front,rear and sides and only gets warm to the touch even when not shut down for days.I had a Sony ES receiver as a pre/surround amp before and it ran only warm as well ,but now I have the Sony in another room in an enclosed entertainment unit(with glass doors) and it runs quite hot.So open racks have much better air flow and make a big difference as to the operating temp your gear will reach.

Comment

• Ettepet
            • Jan 2003

What 1066 are we talking about: the RSP or the RMB?

I asume one gets (much) hotter than the other..

Comment

• wng
              • Dec 2002

Same as Claude. I've got an open rack with a bit more than 3 inches of space above my RSP-1066. Only gets warm.

Comment

• wng
                • Dec 2002

Same as Claude. I've got an open rack with a bit more than 3 inches of space above my RSP-1066. Only gets warm.

Doh! Sorry for the double post.

Comment

• Mark Paquette
                  • Jan 2003

What 1066 are we talking about: the RSP or the RMB?
                  I was asking about the RSP-1066. I figured any of the amps would make a fair amount of heat.

Comment

• Brent
                    • Jan 2002

WoW mine must be an icecube compared to some of you guys! I have less than 2" clearance in a flexi rack and my 1066 just gets warm. I did wedge a power supply fan between the shelf and the 1066 inline with the vent just in case it gets hot, but I have yet to turn it on.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Same here.. I've got about maybe 3/8" till I hit a vented shelf and then however tall the feet on a RMB-1066 are.. Barely warm after a full night of playing.. Now granted it is fully open on the front, back, and sides...but heat should rise..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"