X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereo.frog
    • Jan 2003

1066 Heat & Placement

Does the RSP 1066 generate much heat? I ask because I'd like to place it in a rack with solid wood sides, glass door, and a back panel that have several 3" holes along the top and bottom. (there are no amps in this rack.)
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Take a look at the picture of a member here (blue-eyes), he has his RSP1066 quite cramped.

The unit does generate a fair amount heat, but there is only a few openings at the top on the left. I frequently see pics from Rotel, stacking units on top of eachother, so it'll be okay I guess. Dont know about also putting glass in front of it. That seems to stop airflow, so I wouldnt do that.

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

that's a beautiful family shot of rotel gear; i'm partial to the silver face-plates though.

best bet is to give them as much breathing room as possible- especially the amps. even with an open-air rack, i'm finding that it seems a bit cramped with all the interconnects and speaker wires running all over the back... and this is with 8" between shelves! really need to move the rack out from the wall a few more inches and employ a cable management system.

another issue is access to the back of the components... take this all into consideration. i'm paranoid that i'll knock an interconnect from it's rightful place among the components whenever i start toying around.
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"