X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Hmmm. Where have I seen this before?

Well something similar anyway. This is the new Bel Canto Pre-Pro.

I wonder if this is the direction we/they are heading?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I think Fosgates new piece has it too..

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I think the prototype of the new Parasound Halo pre-pro had it as well.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I think its likely that there's some common ground here in that its likely that someones developed a cheap screen that is now at a price point that these companies can afford to use in their pre pros as well as its a feature that can help seperate the various models in their line ups...I mean the 1098 will cost significantly more then the 1066 so you need something to seperate them. Now for some of us "into" the hobby we'll lust after the 1098 due to sound quality but I'd bet for a lot of the people walking into a store you need something obvious to sell the higher priced ones...and you don't get much more obvious then these new screens

Comment

• SayersWeb
          • Dec 2002

I know that the Fosgate is based on the same platform that the new Outlaw Audio, Adcom, Sherbourn, Atlantic Technology, and apparently several others are based on. The platform was developed by Outlaw Audio and some conpany in Korea called EastTech (or something like that).

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
          Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

It was actually Eastech I believe.

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

I must admit, performance is always first. But I do get biten by the "wow factor" every now and then. these the 1098 may make it into my rack eventually. Depending on the price, and as long as it has some measure of better performance. I will probably get it because that screen is tool cool. IMHO!

That's how I ended up with Navigation in my car.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Foxman
                • Jan 2003

I know I don't completely understand this new world (to me) of seperates, but I just don't get this screen at all. Someone mentioned it would be used for queing up a movie.....That may be, but for double the money of a 1066 that is a BIG stretch. It would have to be a pretty big audible differance and-or have some other must have thing that the 1066 doesn't for me to even consider it.

You just can't fix stupid
                IMO

My Movies
                Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

take a look at the 1098 features thread and you'll understand why its 2X the price 8O

Comment

• WallaceBW
                    • Jan 2003

I just hope that you can run the OSD off the embedded LCD... that would make setup easier for alot of people and shops...

Right Now my current push is on Speaker Cabinet design... On that note does anyone have any good resources (books, internet, etc)?

Brian

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                      • Dec 2002

or have a look on the ML no.40 The master!

------------------------------------------------------
                      Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
                      ------------------------------------------------------
                      Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"