X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lowend
    • Jan 2003

Wait or Jump?

Hi to all and thanks for all the good advise! I'm new to Rotel and just bought a RMB 1095[$1300 2months used] and have heard the 1066. I do like this product and also the Anthem AVM20. My question is, should I wait for the new product lines to come out, or jump on getting either unit at a good sale price? Oh, buy the way does the bass management problem pertain to 2 channel or 5 channel opperation without a sub? Thanks!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There isn't going to be any new product coming out anytime soon other then the 1098 pre amp which will cost about twice what the 1066 does.

The bass management depends more on if your speakers are set to small or large.

Comment

• Heiko
      • Jan 2003

I am in the same situation. I recently got my 1095 and I am flirting with the AVM20. I think it is safe to say that 1066 can not play in
      the same league with the Anthem. Considering that the Anthem sells for double the price of the 1066 it is not even fair to compare them. So I am definetly waiting for the 1098 to show up and then I am going to take it from there

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I think it is safe to say that 1066 can not play in the same league with the Anthem.
        don't be so quick to judge While I agree the anthem should sound better then the 1066 from those that have compared the two the differences are rather slim. The Anthem does have more features and flexibility though.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"