X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Processors: Rotel or Anthem

I currently own a Rotel RSP 1066 processor which I desire to upgrade to improve the sonics of my system. I have looked at the 1068 and 1098 Rotel unit's but honestly, I'm very turned off by the fact that Rotel promised a degree of upgrade ability in my 1066 then less than a year later abandoned it.

I have recently looked at the Anthem AVM 20 and D-1 processor reviews and they seem impressive. The D-1 may be a bit pricey for my pocket, but that comment may be premature since I haven't shopped it yet. I am impressed by the fact that Anthem made a processor hardware upgrade available at a very nominal cost to allow it's previous customers to keep up to date with sound formats.

I would like some comments from Anthem owners, and perhaps some comparison comments on the two lines.

Thanks
    Jerry Rappaport
  • Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

I started out with a Rotel 1055 I then added a RMB-1095. I then traded in my 1055 and got an AVM-20. I was happy with the 1055 but am very happy with the Anthem. If I were in your shoes I would hold out until the new upgrades for the AVM-30 and D1 are out late this year. They are planning on adding HDMI switching and Firewire inputs. I also understand that the video section will be very high quality in its scaling functions.

But then again the new AVM-30 dropped the price down from $3499 on the AVM-20 to $2999 for the AVM-30.
    Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Thanks...good to know, but an AVM 30??..haven't heard of that one yet, and I find nothing on Anthem's website.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Juan Cortez
        • May 2003

The AVM - 30 is out, its just that Anthem is not the fastest when it comes to updating their site.

Here is a lengthy thread on the AVM 30 on the AV forum.

Anthem AVM 30
        Jason

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
          • Apr 2003

Here is another link to look at.

We discuss and review all genre of movies, all types of home theater hardware, and maintain one of the longest running active forums on the web!
          Regards,
          Matt

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"