X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Power cord upgrades

Has anyone tried upgrading the power cords on their gear? I did, using a DIY formula they work awesome and cost a fraction of what expensive aftermarket cords cost.Check out this site for more info http://www.venhaus1.com/diymains.htm
  • Whitman
    • Jan 2003

Which one of Chris' designs did you use? I was looking into his designs. I'm waiting till I get a stable system config.

Scope!

-- Life is a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes! --
    -- Life is a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes! --

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

http://takefiveaudio.com/belden_83802.htm is a goog source for the cable and wall socket ( Canadian too EH ) I use the Flavor 1 on my RB1080 and RMB1075.Then a Flavor 3 on my RSP1066

Comment

• Claude D D
        • Jan 2003

www.partsexpress.com is a good place to get the Wattgate connectors if a guy wants to use audiofile grade connectors and they will send you a cool catalog that has lots of neat stuff in it.

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Hi Claude,

Wondering which components you attached the power cord to and whether you noticed any sonic differences. I have a Transparent power cord on my Arcam CD player and my Parasound power amp comes with an "audiophile" cord. I was thinking about getting one for my Rotel 1066, but, as of yet, am confused as to how much it will benefit my system on a cost/value basis.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• Whitman
            • Jan 2003

Did you make your own interconnects or what are you using? I have another thread asking abour Catcables, but if I can build it for less with parts purchased in Canada I'm very interested.

Scope!

Comment

• Claude D D
              • Jan 2003

The benefits of power cords is greatly debated,but I noticed a quiet background,less hash on the top end and more bass control ( serious listening done after 100 or so hours of break in ). Even little things like putting in a new wall socket can sometimes make a difference also checking your wall sockets with a circut tester is a good idea.

Comment

• Claude D D
                • Jan 2003

I didn't build my own interconnects ( I don't trust my ability to solder ) but there are some good DIY ideas out there that would work quite well Belden 89259 cable is quite popular for many cables.

Comment

• Claude D D
                  • Jan 2003

http://www.echoloft.com/articles/belden/89259%20fab.htm this is a good description of how to build a high quality interconnect

Comment

• Whitman
                    • Jan 2003

What interconnects are you using? Damn I'm nosey[lol]!

Scope!

Comment

• Claude D D
                      • Jan 2003

http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/cables.htm another good source for DIY cable info

Comment

• Claude D D
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Whitman
                        What interconnects are you using? Damn I'm nosey[lol]!

Scope!
                        I use NBS Dragonflys from my RSP1066 to RB1080,AR Master Reference from the 1066 to the RMB1075 for my surrounds,Kimber Hero from the analoug out on my DVPS7700 DVD player,Monster M1000S for the digital out on the DVPS7700,Kimber 8TC for my main speakers,Kimber 4TC for the center,Kimber 4PR for the rears.

Comment

• Whitman
                          • Jan 2003

Thanks for the links. Damn man just give me your icq and we can save the forum some bandwidth.

Scope!

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"