X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slayer12
    • Jan 2003

1055+1075 or 1065

I am testing a 1065 right now and it sounds great! My question is will 1 1055 plus the 1075 amp sound enough better if at all to justify the extra 300.00?
  • sndtowne
    • Jan 2003

A somewhat of a tough question. The 1065 has a good power section and uses a heavy duty torodial transformer. The extra 20 watts per channel (of the 1075) would not increase your volume capability much at all. The main thing you would gain is a little extra head room for dynamic passages.

What speakers are you using? If they are pretty efficient, save the $300 bucks. If they are moderately inefficient, or if you plan to drive the system hard, go for the 1055/1075 combo.

You really can't go wrong either way.

Bruce
    Bruce

Comment

• Alex Prosak
      • Jan 2003

Going with the 1055/1075 combo will allow you to have a 6.1 or 7.1 system to fully take advantage of the DTS-ES format. Without adding another amp to the 1066, you won't be able to take advantage of the format.

Alex

Comment

• slayer12
        • Jan 2003

thanks for the reply's guys. Is the transformer in the 1065 as big as the one in the 1075 amp? Just looking at the size of the 1075 as compared with the 1065 I was thinking the 1075 would have much more electronics in it than the 1065's amp section

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"