X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

How to tell date of manuf of rb-1080

Hi, i recently purchased a used rb 1080 and was wondering if it possible to tell the date of manufacture via serial #, markings, etc. I am particularly interested in finding out if my amp is a newer batch that had the blown fuse issue corrected. Also, I am not sure if this is a clue but my owner's manaul came with an addendum that corrected the mis-labeled polarity issue on the right channel. Does this mean my amp is older? Or is the reversded polarity issue still not corrected even on new batches?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Since the official change is fairly new, I highly doubt one that new would all ready be on the used market. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have that magic combination that blows. If so, send it to Rotel and get the updates.

I'm pretty sure the addendum is for the diagram in the manual that shows it wrong. I think it's marked correctly on the amp. Look and see if the correct diagram addendum matches the amp or not.

Kevin D.

Comment

• tboooe
      • Jun 2005

i checked and saw that the system came with 6.3A fuses. So I guess this confirms that this is an older model. Also on the box is a "v03" marking. Does this refer to the amp version as being V3?

Comment

• Claude D D
        • Jan 2003

My first RB-1080(black) had one set of binding posts per channel that were red and black.When I got my silver 1080 a couple of years ago it had one set of the clear WBT style binding posts per channel. All the ones I've seen over the last year and a bit have had 2 sets of the clear WBT binding posts per channel. Those are the newest versions but there may also have been minor changes during the production run.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"