X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

A qustion of decibles

What is the maximum decible level that ya'll listen to your HT at? I also wonder how high you have to turn your 1066/1075 to achieve that level. The reason I am asking is this, I had my system up pretty high (56-60) last night, but the system didnt seem that loud. I did not measure the decible level, but will tonight. According to the display on the screen 56-60 was over halfway up. On my Yami 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up seemed a lot louder. Now don't misunderstand, loud doesnt mean better to me, but I thought it should have been louder than it was. It did sound very nice, just not the volume I expected. I will tackle this thing and I will know it inside out, It just takes time.

You just can't fix stupid
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

A couple of things to point out. First how much you need to turn the dial on a receiver/pre amp really doesn't mean very much since it depends entirely on the gain of the volume control. In some cases a little turn will make a big difference vs others that require a much larger turn...it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

As far as what I listen to my reference levels are calibrated to 70 on the display so that's typically close to what I watch DVD's at. Music is generally around 60 and satalite depends but its usually pretty high since it doesnt' seem to have a very high signal being sent to the Rotel.

Comment

• Foxman
      • Jan 2003

So, can I assume that the gain on the volume can be adjusted on the 1066? Assuming that it can, I guess I can also assume that that would be done through the on screen menue in the setup?

You just can't fix stupid
      IMO

My Movies
      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

the gain can't be changed via the OSD...if it can be done at all it would have to be done at the firmware level.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"