X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donk93953
    • Mar 2006

Guidance...oh, Sage Ones...

soooo, its kind of a Rotel question, because the guts of my system are Rotel. Rotel RC 1070 Pre Amp, Rotel RCD 1072 CD Player, & Rotel RB 1080 Amp.
    I need to power up some speakers in my bedroom for just back ground noise. So I grab a pair of (dont cringe) POLK R-15s, perfect to hide on top of the armoire.
    I pick up a AudioSource AMP100 (perfect power, right?)....so I get the amp. Oh , it doesnt turn on before even being hooked to speakers. Oh, damn, blown fuse. OK, I replace it. Hook everything up correctly and....nada, zilch, zero.
    No sound. Hmmmm, so I up the volume on the Rotel RC1070 pre-amp to party levels and the POLKs kick into gear at the same level as the speakers in the primary listening room.
    Turn down the volume on the Rotel RC1070 pre-amp and nada now in the bedroom!?><)!&*#&?...I have the volume nob turned up to "11" on the AudioSource amp....When I crank the volume on the Rotel PreAmp the POLKs come to life. So what gives.....should I get it back to Audio Source and request a new one?
    Or have I overlooked something?
    Gracias,
    Donk93953
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Where did you hook the RCA going to the AMP 100? With it having it's own volume control, you need to go out of the record outputs, not the main outputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• donk93953
      • Mar 2006

Ok Ill be stupid..record outputs on the Rotel preamp or AudioSource amp?
      Gracias, Don

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Record out on the rotel to input 1 on the AMP 100.

Kevin D.

Comment

• donk93953
          • Mar 2006

So, have I got this right? Rotel RC 1070 Pre Amp....Tape 1 OUT to the AudioSource Amp? Correct...?

Comment

• donk93953
            • Mar 2006

Got It ! Thanks A Bunch!

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Correct, that will be a full volume signal going to the AMP 100, where you can then use the volume controls on the AMP 100 to adjust the sound. Be sure to turn the 'RECORDING' dial to whatever source you want to listen to in the bedroom. This will also give you two zones of sound, one source in the main room and another in the bedroom.

Kevin D.

Comment

• donk93953
                • Mar 2006

Gracias!

Comment

• miner
                  • Mar 2005

I just learned something new. Thanks guys.

Comment

• snowball
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by miner
                    I just learned something new. Thanks guys.
                    hehe same here!
                    thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"