X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Audio/Video Racks???

:?: OK, So what are you guys using to display those beautiful pieces of equipment?

Brand? Material? Color?
    Yada, Yada, Yada!

And are you happy with it?

I currently have a 3 shelf rack, and this just won't do with the addition of the new prepro, amp and HDTV tuner.

I am considering a Sanus setup I saw. Black shelves, and silver tubes. Should look great with the Rotel gear.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I built my own rack since I wanted it flush with the wall and to have storage for CD's and DVD's

Comment

• Foxman
      • Jan 2003

Rockdog, We recently re-did our living room and purchased a entertainment center. It is big and is a beut. I put the amp in the lower section and is out of sight. My other gear is behind a glass door with glass shelves and a light at the top. Makes a nice display, but not in the league with some of these guys.

You just can't fix stupid
      IMO

My Movies
      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• DavidR
        • Jan 2003

I have a Quadraspire QAV rack. It's my second Quadraspire rack and I have no complaints. The quality is superb but you pay for it. My four shelf rack was 560UKP (900USD).

Here's a picture: http://www.htguide.com/bilder/images/770/cinema.jpg

D.

Make your HiFi sound even better with our range of Quadraspire HiFi racks, wall brackets, speaker stands, floor protectors and HiFi supports.

Comment

• Madd
          • Jan 2003

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/show_detail.asp?catid=56&name=TechCraft&sku=TC0053

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!
          Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• GreggM
            • Dec 2002

I too have quadraspire racks. They are beautifully finished and fairly well made. THe glass I have in it is the frosted and the silver rotels equipment looks good behind it.

Gregg

Comment

• WallaceBW
              • Jan 2003

I'm looking into a sanus eurpoean setup right new... The nice thing is they are modular (you can add shelves, change shelf height, etc)

An assembled set looks like

Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2003

Guess what Brian? That's exactly what I ended up buying. I bought the base, and four extra shelves in black and silver. They are constructed very well. And the silver piping looks great with the silver 1066 and 1095. The black shelves are finish in this thick semi-gloss finish that has the appearnace of a thick, flat laquer. They look really nice. The poles also have a flat silver finish to them, very nice, not too shiny. Each piece is a shelf and a set of 8" poles. You can also get 12" poles (which I bought for the base, where the 1095 resides) and 5" poles. However, you cannot "swap out" the 8" for either of the other lengths. So your stuck with the 8" 'ers
                if you don't use them.

I slapped everything together at the moment (meaning the wiring) I am really anal about the cables being neat and tidy. I have to buy a few cables that are longer. I'm not using the video switching in the 1066. My Grand Wega II has plenty of inputs, but my old reciever was in the bottom position, and so I had cables that just made it to the TV. Now I have to buy some longer s-vhs, and component cables so that I have plenty of lenth to make my cable runs neatly and cleanly.

My only (slight) disappoinment with the Sanus is that the nuts that are in the poles (in some poles) are slightly off level, so to speak. So as I started screwing them down, they were not perfectly straight and flat, they had a bit of a wobble. But once they hit the shelf, and tightened up, they were just fine. They squared right up. The unit is very strong and looks great.

I also read somewhere that some owners were bummed with earlier versions. Because the bottom of the black shelves were not finshed. So if the rack was high enough, the unfinished wood stood out like a sore thumb. Sanus must have gotten complaints. Because my shelves are painted black underneath. They are not the same finish as the top. Jump some black paint, but at least they blend in, and don't stand out.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• WallaceBW
                  • Jan 2003

whats the max loadper shelf... ( I don't have anything heavier than the your 1095 (my heaviest piece is either my 1075 or my S9000ES -- yes a dvd player)

Thanks,
                  Brian

Comment

• GreggM
                    • Dec 2002

Those sanus racks are nice. You must not have small children. I needed something that I can lock so my 18month old can not get too.

Gregg

Comment

• WallaceBW
                      • Jan 2003

Rock Dog:

Can you do ma a big favor... I have a monster HTS3500 Powercenter that it 17 1/4 x 12 1/4 x 4 (WxDxH) and I was wondering if it would fit within the base... I never touch it and it's always on... It simply provides power filtration and distrobution.

If you could check for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WallaceBW
                        Rock Dog:

Can you do ma a big favor... I have a monster HTS3500 Powercenter that it 17 1/4 x 12 1/4 x 4 (WxDxH) and I was wondering if it would fit within the base... I never touch it and it's always on... It simply provides power filtration and distrobution.

If you could check for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
                        Sure Brian. Do I have this right? Do you plan on placing the power center on the bottom shelf?

I have a couple of questions for you.

What did that power center cost?
                        Where did you get it?
                        How many AC connections/plugs are there.

I really need to do something. Removing the receiver and adding the amp and prepro gave me 1 AC plug too many for my current setup.

Heck I've got
                        Amp
                        Prepro
                        DVD/CD Changer
                        TiVo
                        HDTV Tuner
                        VHS
                        TV
                        Sub
                        Right & Left Main Speakers

All have a power cord. That's 10 Total I need to rethink my power distribution.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Rock Dog
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2003

Here are some pics of the setup. (Excuse the mess, I have to make some cabling changes, and then everything will be neat and tidy. I hate cables all strewn about )

Gregg- The kids are 12 and 9 years old. And they DO NOT touch the gear. Even when they were little. It took some time, and siginificant parental involvement (watching them like a hawk,) but they learned very, very early on, what they could and could not touch.

Brian-Each shelf's load capacity is 125 lbs. That base is very sturdy. Something I was worried about, because I found no mention of it anywhere, was whether the base unit had "spikes" for isolation. It does! It comes with the spikes and rubber feet. Both screw into the base.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• WallaceBW
                            • Jan 2003

Nice Setup:

Actually I was hoping to put it UNDER the base shelf assuming it will fit. That would save me the cost of a shelf and the 5" poles... but if it won't fit than I would but it in the base (so that gravity isn't trying to pull out my power cords).

HTS3500:

I like it a lot but I made one modificatiion... the Voltmeter has a blue light shining on it's face (dimmable sp?) but even at it's lowest setting it was still to bright... I took out the four screws holding the face plate on and simply pushed the bulb back (a little) into the chasis to reduce the ammount of light on the meter... worked great..

It's really not that bright but I prefer there to be as little light as possible on other than the monitor/TV or whatever you call it:

Cost was arround $350...
                            Purchased at Meyer-Emco (HT Shop)

10 outlets, 3 coax, 1 phone

Additional specs are here... http://www.monstercable.com/power/pr...r.asp?pin=1021

You may want to look at the 3600 because it matches your equipment better... here's a link to the entire product line:

HTS3600:
                            Front:

Back:

Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2003

Brian, There's a little over 3 inches height under the rack. Plenty width and depth. One thing though the spikes are about 1.5" long, and i have them recessed all the way into the tube. You may be able to extend them just enough to give you the clearence you need. But of course you wouldn't know unless you bought the rack.

Does your height requirement include the feet on the power center? Could you remove them if need be?

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                • Jan 2003

thanks...I guess I'll get the extra shelf. What may I ask did you pay for yiur rack?

AAHHHH trading spaces is invading the forum... I'm forced to watch that all the time. It's ok but I'm soo tired of that @#$% SHOW

ok... better now,
                                Brian

Comment

• wng
                                  • Dec 2002

Hey Rock Dog, nice setup there. Thanks for sharing your pics. Pics of my modest setup are at http://community.webshots.com/album/61164572OKtLPk. Sorry, the hosting site doesn't allow linking. I'm using a standard black, steel Bell'O rack. I also have to clean up my cabling, but will wait til the 6-month mark to do it, when I disassemble system for cleaning/maintenance. I could use another media storage tower or something, as you can see. :?

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2003

thanks...I guess I'll get the extra shelf. What may I ask did you pay for yiur rack?

AAHHHH trading spaces is invading the forum... I'm forced to watch that all the time. It's ok but I'm soo tired of that @#$% SHOW

ok... better now,
                                    Brian
                                    You may have missed my edit in the above post. Can you remove the feet from the power center? This may give you the room needed.

My HT dealer gave me about 10% off.

Base $89.99
                                    Shelf $63.00/ea
                                    12" rods $29.99
                                    grand total $371.98 +tax

hehe. Trading Spaces.

What you don't see in those shots, is my wonderful wife. She just underwent some pretty heavy surgery on Wednesday (she's going to be just fine now) she got home yesterday. And is stuck on the couch for the next couple of weeks.

Hence, Trading Spaces. She's watching the shows TiVo caught while she was in the hospital.

Whats cool is, that right now she's watching the NFC game with me, then the AFC. She's also a HUGE Red Wings fan like me. It's great because I don't have to lose the big TV for Football and Hockey.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by wng
                                      Hey Rock Dog, nice setup there. Thanks for sharing your pics. Pics of my modest setup are at http://community.webshots.com/album/61164572OKtLPk. Sorry, the hosting site doesn't allow linking. I'm using a standard black, steel Bell'O rack. I also have to clean up my cabling, but will wait til the 6-month mark to do it, when I disassemble system for cleaning/maintenance. I could use another media storage tower or something, as you can see. :?
                                      Very nice. What HDTV tuner is that, the 100 or 200?

8O 8O 8O Look at that floor. That is gorgeous!

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• wng
                                        • Dec 2002

Thanks about the floor. It kinda matches my speakers' finish. I don't have an HDTV tuner. :roll: You saw my DVD player (silver component), maybe? Funny that you and your wife are hockey fans. I'm a HUGE Rangers fan; follow hockey most passionately of the four sports. I've been to Detroit a few times for business and always pass by the Joe when going into downtown.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by wng
                                          Thanks about the floor. It kinda matches my speakers' finish. I don't have an HDTV tuner. :roll: You saw my DVD player (silver component), maybe? Funny that you and your wife are hockey fans. I'm a HUGE Rangers fan; follow hockey most passionately of the four sports. I've been to Detroit a few times for business and always pass by the Joe when going into downtown.
                                          Woops! Sorry. I didn't look closely enough. It sure looks like their HDTV tuners. What speakers are those? Their finish is sweet as well.

We've been Red Wings fans forever. It's been great since 93 or so. But some very bleak years before that, that's for sure.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• wng
                                            • Dec 2002

The speakers are B&W CM 4's, finish is called rosenut.

You have a good team there, great blend of veterans -- heck, they're all gonna be Hall of Famers -- young players and role players.

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                              • Jan 2003

Removing the feet would give me 1/2 inch... If I extended the spikes and removed the feet from the HTS it could work... I just need to find a local dealer for the SANUS now...

the setup should look like this:

I need a fixed width font...

Code:
                                              [pre]
                                                          VCR
                                                      CABLE BOX
                                              &#124;=================&#124; <-- 5" SHELF
                                              &#124; DVP S9000ES    &#124;
                                              &#124;=================&#124; <-- 8" SHELF
                                              &#124;    CDP-CX400    &#124;
                                              &#124;                    &#124;
                                              &#124;    RSP-1066    &#124;
                                              &#124;=================&#124; <-- 8" SHELF
                                              &#124;    RMB-1075    &#124;
                                              &#124;                    &#124;
                                              &#124;    HTS 3500    &#124;
                                              &#124;=================&#124;
                                              &#124;=================&#124; <-- BASE
                                              [/pre]
                                              Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Jan 2003

I just need to find a local dealer for the SANUS now...
                                                Sanus Dealer Locator :!:

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• GreggM
                                                  • Dec 2002

Hey Thomas, where did you buy your rotel gear. I got mine up i Rochester Michigan. I live on the east side. Nice setup by the way. My kids are 8, 6 and 18months (he is the hard one too reason with)

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by GreggM
                                                    Hey Thomas, where did you buy your rotel gear. I got mine up i Rochester Michigan. I live on the east side. Nice setup by the way. My kids are 8, 6 and 18months (he is the hard one too reason with)
                                                    Yeah, Yeah. Audio/Video Systems on Rochester N of M-59 right? I'm in Shelby Township. No one knows where that is. But everyone knows where Detroit is, that's why my location says Detroit.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• GreggM
                                                      • Dec 2002

Thomas,

I am in new baltimore. Did you buy your stuff at AV? They did good by me there.

Gregg

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by GreggM
                                                        Thomas,

I am in new baltimore. Did you buy your stuff at AV? They did good by me there.

Gregg
                                                        Yes, I bought my ROTEL gear and my Sanus rack there. They did fine by me as far as I'm concerned.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                                          • Jan 2003

Closest dealer 112 Miles away :roll:

audioadvisor.com here I come... well once I get the money

Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Jan 2003

Closest dealer 112 Miles away :roll:

audioadvisor.com here I come... well once I get the money

Brian
                                                            8O 112 Miles? Dang son! In the boonies?

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                                              • Jan 2003

20 min from Washington, DC in gaithersburg, MD... closest listed dealer is PA.. . I called my (walking distance) HT shop and they said that they are authorized reselers but don't stock the euro line (thus why they didn't show up in my query) but I could special order it and it would only take about two weeks.

That'll do nicely,
                                                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                              Search Result for "|||"