Lets see all the nice racks you guys have.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Thanks Guys for the kind words and moving this to the correct place. Sounding 'great' probably isn't a good technical term to describe hi-fi! I should of said something like it has a 'warm full sound that at the same time is very detailed'. But sounding 'great' also seemed to sum things up for me
    Geoff, the valves is the CD player output stage give it a very smooth sound. There are valves in the preamp to do more smoothing while there is one valve in the power amp for power conditioning, the actual amplification is all solid state (150w per channel into 8 ohms)

cheers,
    Stephen
    My Home Theatre

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

I have had this in one form or another for about twenty years...I would like to find a "nice rack" that would hold all my stuff.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

here is a "not so great" view on my racks. one for video stuff, and two for amps. soon maybe a 4th!
        Attached Files

Comment

• ajpoe
          • Jul 2004

Well, I got a new rack over the weekend. It's exactly what I have been searching for and at a very resonable price! The cheapest I could find it online was $200 shipped and I walked out of HHGregg with a brand new one for $135 including tax. But anyway, I wanted dark wood, fully enclosed with a clear glass front that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. It wasn't too hard to put together, but it weighs close to 100 lbs. I completely unhooked every wire from my components and then rewired everything last night and boy what a bizatch that was. My buddy came over to see the mahem... he was quite amazed since he has trouble hooking up a DVD player to the TV. It took me a few hours to do everything... I must say, if I ever have to get behind my components, it's not going to be fun... But, the rack looks much much nicer. I'll post some pictures once I get a chance, but here is a manufacturer pic of the rack.

AJ

AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

Cowrang, nice stuff, but are those black things Magnep. speakers or RealTraps?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Too big for a Rack

Guys,

Here's a very serious HT for you

Geoff
              Attached Files

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Geoff, that's wild! 8O

But you know, at some point you cross a boundary and then our hobby/passion/compulsion loses the "intimacy" that makes it so pleasing. I think this person has gone waaaayyyyyy past that point.

P.S. I guess this could be a demo session at a convention or something similar, and my comment wouldn't necessarily apply. :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aarsoe
                  • May 2004

David

I have seen such an installtion in a private home... However, it was nicer looking, but with the same bass horns (the big silver things in the middle.)

But - if any of you have ever seen the home theatre magazines they have in Japan, then you would know that this would be considdered entry level compared to some of their horn installations...

Comment

• Cowanrg
                    • Feb 2004

Blaze,

yes, they are magnepans, not traps. they are the tympani 1D's. i wish i had salamander racks, but they were too much money when i needed three of them the ones i have work just fine, but dont look as nice. oh well.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

ajpoe, are those high-end audio/video vases?
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• ajpoe
                        • Jul 2004

why yes chris, are you planning on implementing some into your setup as well? make sure u update the power cords as that is key to getting the most of of your vase! :rofl:

actually, here are some updated pics of my actual rack and gear.

AJ

p.s. - i really do need a better camera
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ajpoe; 06 December 2004, 11:58 Monday.
                        AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"