Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonmason
    • Apr 2021

Advice on connecting to Rotel RSP-1068 through I/O port

I recently started playing with a Rotel RSP-1068 and RSP-1066. I am planning to use one of other to do some automated switching in my home office setup.

I found some threads from a long time ago where @kmckenn created a couple of apps to talk to the Rotel.

Club Rotel! Continuing to be the number 1 place on the internet to talk Rotel! If you've got Rotel gear, you need to be here. If you want Rotel gear, you need to be here. If your not in either group, then you need to read what you've missed out on, HERE! Get the inside track on manufacturer info, product updates, features, and more!

So I went about creating a cable and testing out these apps. This didn't work. Could have been my cable, or perhaps the age of the apps although I hooked up a Windows 7 unit for testing.

So I thought I would try my hand at Realterm to see if I would have any luck. Not so far.

Now all of this is likely due to the fact that I am teaching myself as I go. I am reasonably sure that I made the cable ok, I actually did it twice just to see if I had made a mistake.

So now my focus is on my lack of understanding of RealTerm and how to configure and send hex commands.

I opened the port at 19200,N81 per specs, set it to Hex+space Half duplex, and sent "0xFE 0x03 0xA1 0x10 0x0A 0xBE", the command for power toggle, and I get nothing.

If anyone is willing to wade in and help me out here - please just let me know. Thanks.

Links to the Rotel details:

• Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've never know any Rotel to be half duplex. But the easiest way to see if your setup is correct (port settings, cable, etc) is to spin the volume dial when connected. You should see the text that's on the display come through along with some ASCII characters (the display icons currently in use)

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"