X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oliverlim
    • Jun 2004

RSP1068 Bass Management

Hi,

Wonder if someone could help me. I have the RSP1068. I am using a REL Q100E which unfortuntely does not allow me to disable the crossover via the RCA in. I currently run my Front LR speakers full range and the bass is tapped via the high level to the REL. I currently set the REL crossover at about 60hz to mate best with my Meadowlark Kestrel2. In HT I can't seem to get it to integrate properly. My guess is that the crossover from the Rotel and REL is doubling their functions.

I am not sure if the Rotel 1068 can do the following 2 options I would like to try.

1. Run my Front LR speakers full range with the REL crossover totally disabled. The Rotel should feed all 60hz and below signal at the same time to the REL only so that it can compensate my speakers low freq. My LR still runs full range. This then would mean that I can set my center/surround to any crossover I require via the Rotel crossover settings.

2. Let my REL set the cross over at 60hz. So for Stereo, the Rotel crossover is disabled and LR is large. Bass tapped via high level AMP side. For HT all small speakers signals are send to the REL with the REL crossover doing everything. The Rotel crossover should not be in place at all.

Perhaps it is something I do not understand but even though I set the LR speakers to large in all settings, in the advance settings, there is still a crossover setting from 40-200. There is no off. Perhaps thats the problem I am facing. I can't disable the crossover even for large speakers.

Thanks guys.

Oliver
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What front speakers do you own and why are you running them as large if you feel you need to augment them with the sub? If you do want to use the sub at all times what I'd do is either set the mains to small and then run the LFE out to the REL sub. Since you can't turn off the REL's crossover just set it to its maximum setting. Another option would be to set your mains to large, set the subwoofer to none and set the other speakers to small. This will force all the low bass and LFE to the mains. Now run your front left and right speaker cables to the REL's speaker inputs and then from the REL's out to the front speakers. You can now adjust the crossover point on the REL to suit your needs. Now normally I'm not fond of this arrangement as most subwoofers crossovers aren't that good but your REL is an exception and was designed for this configuration.

Comment

• oliverlim
      • Jun 2004

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The Meadowlark goes down to the high 30's. But as it is a time align unit, I did not want to screw it up by subjecting it to a crossover.

Oliver

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"