X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

B&W Replacement Parts

I thought I would post this contact info for anyone who needs to order parts for their B&W speakers.

You can call 978-664-2870, just ask for the parts dept..
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

Can they deliver overseas?

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Aldo
      Can they deliver overseas?

That I do not know, The number I provided is for B&W of North America, if you go under the "contact us" link at the bottom of the B&W website you can choose the distributor in your country, otherwise you may have to contact B&W in England directly and ask for parts.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Aldo
        • Sep 2005

Thanks!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

If that is the place I have used, they are very easy to deal with, prices seem fair and shipping is quick. :T
          B&W

Comment

• stalevelguy
            • Dec 2007

Hi, I'm looking for new-used bass-mid driver for older B&W DM7mkII. No leads from B&W. Any suggestions? Thanks

Danny

Comment

• scanido
              • Apr 2006

How long do they stock parts after a speaker has been discontinued?

Comment

• michaelrlev
                • Mar 2008

thanks

Just got a pair of DM602's on ebay. TODAY. Got shanked. Tweeter (or crossover) blown. Probably tweeter, I understand crossovers don't blow.

If anyone has other ideas/sources for parts or repair, please let me know.

New to the forum but enjoy your thoughts. Thanks...

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Welcome to the Forum Michael!

Those are cheap, you can pick them up for around $27-$30 from B&W, just take out the woofer, reach in and twist out the tweeter, remove the screws from the top plate and replace the diaphragm with the new one, put it back in reverse order, piece of cake! Remember what wires go to what terminal.
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by scanido

Not too sure, but I did replace a driver on a first series 601 a few months ago and they still had plenty of them.

I also replaced a tweeter on a Matrix HTM a short time back and they had them in stock, If memory serves me right that would be at least 8 years or better since they made that speaker.
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• ryst
                      • May 2007

Does anyone know if it possible to buy a new "black cone" (don't know the english word for this) for the midrange in any other color for the 802s?

Would like to have the same high gloss black finish as the marbel head have or maybe chrome 8O :P

Comment

• Aldo
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ryst
                        Does anyone know if it possible to buy a new "black cone" (don't know the english word for this) for the midrange in any other color for the 802s?

Would like to have the same high gloss black finish as the marbel head have or maybe chrome 8O :P
                        Bullet!

Comment

• joetama
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                          If that is the place I have used, they are very easy to deal with, prices seem fair and shipping is quick. :T

I was going to ask that question...

I've tried ording parts from proaudio distributer before, and they wanted to know everything from what color shirt I was wearing to if I had fillings in my teeth. Needless to say it wasn't a pleasant experience. I just wanted a 12" woofer and the parts to fix a crossover! It wasn't like I was going to knock of their product with their own parts (which is what I think they figured I was doing). :roll:
                          -Joe

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Just go direct to B&W 1-800-370-3740.
                            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• douga
                              • Jun 2008

I purchased a pair of DM-6 speakers. Only one of the speakers came with the metal floor stands and would like to find another set of stands for the second speaker. I tried B&W North America and they do not have any. Does anybody on this forum have a set of floor stands that I could buy?
                              DougA

Comment

• sheldon1451
                                • Jul 2008

Is this possible??? I called B&W parts, told them that I'm an end user and need price/availability on a tweeter for the Nautilus 802. I was quoted 88.36 + 10. to ship!
                                My local dealer told me it's 162.00!...Did one of them make a mistake???...or is the dealer bending me over the speaker???????????????????? :unsure: ;s@

Comment

• RobP
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2004

that sounds about right..........I have found it to be cheaper going through B&W parts department.
                                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• sheldon1451
                                    • Jul 2008

WOW. 57 and still learning! :E

Comment

• Tim Eagles
                                      • Jan 2009

This thread confirms what I had learned some time ago from a local dealer that has now since stopped catering to the home audio market. I was told to contact B&W directly and they would have a better price than the new local dealer that B&W had picked up to distribute and sell their product. Glad I found this forum as I've been investigating what to do with a set of DM603s2 tweeters that my son poked in. I may have some ideas to resurrect them or at least inspect for the damage internally, if any. Thank you for having such an informative setup, I've learned more about my speakers in 15 minutes than I've known in the last 8 years, well, other than how they sound to me. :T

Comment

• ssabripo
                                        • Dec 2005

well jesus A christ, I swear i'm gonna WHOOOP kids buttocks! :M :M

my 4 year old just poked the Nautilus tweeter on my HTM1 center!! it's all crapped in and wrinkled, etc. Sound wise it doesn't seem distorted but I haven't tested it long!

I suppose a call to BMW parts is coming....does anyone know the ballpark figure on how much they go for? :cry:
                                        My simple HT setup
                                        4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• JoeTheLion
                                          • Feb 2009

After trying for several days to actually speak someone at the parts department of B&W, I found one of their dealers, who quoted nearly the same prices (90$ for the tweeters and 15 $ for the midrange grill). I am ordering through them. Here's their site:
                                          stereoexchange.com

Comment

• RobP
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ssabripo
                                            well jesus A christ, I swear i'm gonna WHOOOP kids buttocks! :M :M

my 4 year old just poked the Nautilus tweeter on my HTM1 center!! it's all crapped in and wrinkled, etc. Sound wise it doesn't seem distorted but I haven't tested it long!

I suppose a call to BMW parts is coming....does anyone know the ballpark figure on how much they go for? :cry:

should be right at $90
                                            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• marksmessages
                                              • Mar 2009

I need a mid range driver for a DM3000.

Just wondered if anyone here has had any experience with parts & repairs for the B&W DM3000's. I lost a crossover and driver on one of mine probably due to failure of a channel on my amp. Anyway, I was able to get a crossover from B&W only to find out that one of the mid range drivers was toast. I'm looking everywhere I can think of, but no luck so far. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

• peter4jc
                                                • Apr 2009

I wanted to say thanks to those who posted the phone numbers for B&W.

My DM640's need repair, and I was able to order two kevlar midranges. $67 each. I could use a couple of the woofers too, but they are no longer available. So those will either be reconed, or I'll be sourcing aftermarkets.

Any suggestions for some 8" woofers that will be close to the originals, or isn't it that big of a deal?

Thanks again!
                                                Peter

Comment

• xyobgyn
                                                  • May 2009

First post, trying to be helpful

I've recently had some misfortune with some of my B&W speakers, and did some basic research on repair vs replacement of the woofers on my 802 S3 speakers. Two of the woofers on one of them got damaged voice coils somehow, and the slightest movement of them in and out sounds like sandpaper. The gentleman below has an excellent reputation for repairing B&W speakers, rebuilding cones, or replacing voicecoils. He only charges $75 each for the 802 woofers for a data point.

Millerspkr@aol.com
                                                  Bill Legall
                                                  Millersound
                                                  1422 Taylor Rd
                                                  Lansdale PA 19446
                                                  215-412-7700
                                                  I'll report back upon their return, but he has a great reputation, and was super-helpful over the phone, and by email.

New to the forum. Can't afford the new Nautilus stuff, but LOVE the Matrix series. (*)

HT set up: LR = 802 S3. C = 802 S2. Sides are SCM-8. Rears 802 pre-matrix (though I've rotated in 804 or 802 depending on set up)

Other speakers in rotation around the house are 805's, 804's and 3 sets of really old LM-1 speakers. Very hardy, sturdy, great for garage, track or outside parties. Not much base, but very clear.

Run the HT with Bryston 8BST for sides, rear, and front is a 5BST THX I believe, the 3 channel version. New Lexicon MC-8B will be installed soon.

Hope to be more active in the forum soon.

Alex.

ABLOriginalParts.com for the other passion!

(*) A few years ago, I took my Matrix 805's around to different high-end stores that did not carry B&W. At the price point I had bought them, about $900 at the time....salesmen simply cringed when I put them up against virtually any speaker under $2000....they could not match the imaging or smoothness. I know I'm biased, but the 802 series 2 or 3 just does SO many things right, that its really hard to top. Even my really old pre-matrix 802's are very, very musically satisfying. Anyone who hasn't had a chance to audition even the older version owes it to consider them...even compared to newer models.

Comment

• bose301s
                                                    • May 2009

So glad I saw this thread, I just noticed that one of my DM603 S3s had a dented tweeter and now I know how to get a replacement and fix it, makes me quite happy.

Comment

• sfvillano
                                                      • Jul 2009

Dm600 s3

HEY all... Sorry for reposting. New here and I think I posted in the wrong place.

I have a set of Dm600 S3 's that I am figuring have components on the crossovers blewn.

The speakers, wires, even the coils on the crossover boards look beautiful.
                                                      All I see is two of the components... they are a boxy white and boxy yellow capacitors or something. They are burnt....actually darkened.

So I am thinking if the price is right... can I get a new set of crossovers or will that be insane, costly??

What do you all recommend... I really want these speakers, if I can resurrect them.

Thanks you all for being here... it is a great forum ;x( ;x(

Comment

• Tweir
                                                        • Oct 2006

For the b&w parts replacement I only see this part (zz13315) listed as crossover and you can order from b&w at 32.72 retail each. Hope this helps..

Comment

• scanido
                                                          • Apr 2006

Here's the BW group service website. You can download schematics of all speakers. Once the parts are available for the new 800 series diamond this would be the place to go.

I will be open to converting my 803S with diamonds!

Comment

• Obrut993
                                                            • Jan 2010

Has anyone busted grill pegs from an804S?

I just found out they are $10.86... these must be magical pegs that hold the grill to the speaker.. considering 6 of them will get you a whole entire grill....

geez

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Obrut993
                                                              Has anyone busted grill pegs from an804S?

I just found out they are $10.86... these must be magical pegs that hold the grill to the speaker.. considering 6 of them will get you a whole entire grill....

geez
                                                              I have replaced a bunch of them, yea, they quoted me 10bux a pop a few weeks ago. About 2 years ago when I needed some pegs and some of the rubber inserts for the pegs they included them free with some of my other parts orders.

I would not spend 10 on a new peg now, when you can get a new grill, cloth and all for about 80ish depending on the speaker.
                                                              B&W

Comment

• bgruyaert
                                                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by scanido
                                                                I just picked up a new tweeter for a B&W 640. The speakers were from 1993, so that's 17 years...

On the new tweeter, there a stamp with 22/01/2010. Also the price is very honest (40 €). And it's not only the cover with the alu dome but with the complete magnet.

Fantastic Service !

Comment

• canamer94
                                                                  • Feb 2010

Hi:
                                                                  There is a great technical support and product service resource for B&W, Rotel, and Classe at:

http://www.bwgroup-support.com.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• scanido
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Apr 2006

Is B&W asking for serial numbers and the bill of sale on purchasing parts?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2005

Ive never had them ask
                                                                      B&W

Comment

• scanido
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2006

Ive never had them ask
                                                                        Reason i ask is, I'm starting to look into purchasing the new diamond tweeters and ran into the form required for ordering these parts and it states you need to provide the S/N and date of purchase.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                          • 1537

I have never filled out that form. Maybe its a new deal if you do it by form?

I have always called in and placed an order. I have ordered 3-4 times from them, always been very nice to deal with.

Ordering Diamond tweets huh? I hope you dont have some bad luck and have to shell out 2 grand for tweeters! :E
                                                                          B&W

Comment

• scanido
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Apr 2006
                                                                            • 548

I have never filled out that form. Maybe its a new deal if you do it by form?

I have always called in and placed an order. I have ordered 3-4 times from them, always been very nice to deal with.

Ordering Diamond tweets huh? I hope you dont have some bad luck and have to shell out 2 grand for tweeters! :E
                                                                            Thinking about it, but yeah i expect the price of them to be that much. Actually more as i want to change the HTM3S tweet as well. I figure it still would be much less expensive than getting a new set of the diamond speakers and besides i really love the black ash finish.

Comment

• Ron526
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Oct 2006
                                                                              • 54

#39
                                                                              Bung hole plugs?

Any ideas on what to use, and not a sock.
                                                                              Thanx, Ron

Comment

• sNikki
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Jun 2010
                                                                                • 1

#40
                                                                                Any chance someone has any information on a recone kit for the 15"
                                                                                ASW4000.

Comment

• scanido
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2006
                                                                                  • 548

#41
                                                                                  800Series Diamond Parts now available!

Who wants to be the first to outfit their 'S' speakers with new diamonds? :E

Just looking at the detailed drawings between the 804S and 804Di and it definitely looks like an easy upgrade!

Comment

• Tweir
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2006
                                                                                    • 161

#42
                                                                                    But the crossover is different between the two. Not saying it can't be done as I have installed the diamond diaphragm on a 805s tweeter tube and it sounded different can't say if it was better or not.

Comment

• Salmna
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2010
                                                                                      • 6

#43
                                                                                      Dm 3000

Hello, Just wondering if I can get your input on this. Two of the Kevlar drivers
                                                                                      (black cones) are dying ( voice coil crackling sound). B&W UK and USA don't have these parts since they only stock parts for 10 years from the last production date.
                                                                                      Is there any one here who happened to have spare drivers?. I really love these speakers and would like to keep enjoying them.
                                                                                      Are there any options?
                                                                                      I contacted a few repair shops here and they all r suggesting to replace them, I would like to but with what?
                                                                                      Btw, I am in Brampton, ON, Canada.
                                                                                      Thank you in advance guys!

Comment

• Salmna
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Dec 2010
                                                                                        • 6

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by marksmessages
                                                                                        Just wondered if anyone here has had any experience with parts & repairs for the B&W DM3000's. I lost a crossover and driver on one of mine probably due to failure of a channel on my amp. Anyway, I was able to get a crossover from B&W only to find out that one of the mid range drivers was toast. I'm looking everywhere I can think of, but no luck so far. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.
                                                                                        Hey, Any luck finding the mid range, I am facing the same situation!
                                                                                        Thanks,

Comment

• upperlevel
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Dec 2010
                                                                                          • 1

#45
                                                                                          P5

Hey I have a pair of P5 headphones, can I order a cable with ipod controls without warranty.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"