This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyreman
    • Dec 2009

The/A B&W distributor in Ontario Canada about 5 years ago had a few DM2000 drivers there
    I remember because I asked for a friend of mine
    That distributor was up around the Brampton area, GTA area
    prolly the BK200 drivers gone-+

Those speakers are still really good and rival ones of today.
    Last edited by tyreman; 03 January 2011, 22:11 Monday.

Comment

• THX-UltraII
      • Oct 2008

Looking for a soft dome tweeter for my 703 which is damaged. Anyone knows the part number and approx. pricing for that part? (Europe, Netherlands).

[img width=150 height=113]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4972/p1030316t.th.jpg[/img]

[img width=150 height=113]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3679/p1030318t.th.jpg[/img]

Comment

• tyreman
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by THX-UltraII
        Looking for a soft dome tweeter for my 703 which is damaged. Anyone knows the part number and approx. pricing for that part? (Europe, Netherlands).

[img width=150 height=113]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4972/p1030316t.th.jpg[/img]

[img width=150 height=113]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3679/p1030318t.th.jpg[/img]
        part#HF00129
        703 tweeter complete:$130.32

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

A little info for those replacing their tweeters due to being accidentally dented,I had accidentally dented one of mine when moving a speaker.Although I could tell no sound difference I do like to have the grills off and every time I looked at that dent ....well it just is not a pleasing sight.

B&W wanted around 70 bucks for a new one .I was going to get a new one but did some online research and found a way to fix it.I took a small piece of duck tape and lightly pressed it into the dent on the metal dome.Just enough pressure to stick the tape while not denting the cone any more than it was.Then I slowly pulled the dent out of the cone and you could never tell there was a dent.

I guess you could use any type of tape and if you are going to replace it anyway you have nothing to loose and may save yourself form having to buy a new one.
          Shaun

Comment

• psinkowski
            • Aug 2011

Thanks for the intell.

I contacted B&W and they sent me an order form and price of $55.00 for the diaphragm. Quick question concerning the DM602 s2's. I've heard of small tweeks you can do to enhance the sound of these already great little speakers. Any suggestions?

Comment

• drsiebling
              • Jan 2006

Just wanted to chime in here by saying that, as far as I'm concerned, B&W sets the industry standard with the total straightforwardness of their parts replacement policies and prices. I recently had to replace the tweeter housings for my P6s, and they were a breeze to work with. Add in the fact that they supply schematics and service manuals on their website and B&W almost makes repairs too easy!

Comment

• emig5m
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by drsiebling
                Just wanted to chime in here by saying that, as far as I'm concerned, B&W sets the industry standard with the total straightforwardness of their parts replacement policies and prices. I recently had to replace the tweeter housings for my P6s, and they were a breeze to work with. Add in the fact that they supply schematics and service manuals on their website and B&W almost makes repairs too easy!
                Ha! I recently tried to order a new passive radiator driver for my Sunfire sub that started to come apart and they said that they don't sell and ship out parts to customers!!! They wanted me to ship them the (heavy) sub at my expense and then pay them a $275 flat rate labor fee and wait for them to do it at their own leisure and ship it back. It wasn't so much their flat rate repair fee that ticked me off for a stinkin' one minute fix, but the damned down time for a stinking eight allen screws that's only a one minute fix!!! I mean there's no wires or anything to touch! Just eight allen screws! I freakin' called twice on two different days hoping I'd get someone to just ship me one and I got the same "company policy" crap both times! I was just going to go to my local dealer and buy a brand new Velodyne - I wasn't going to wait an entire month turn around time to get my sub back. Didn't make sense to ship the sub for this simple repair. I could see if it was free warranty work or something, but not a out of warranty repair. Luckily I found somebody on Ebay that had three brand new passive drivers for my sub and got him to ship overnight.... Wow... that's a major government secret to sell and ship one of their cheap and poorly made passive drivers out to somebody! And oh man is it worth paying $275 plus shipping for someone to turn eight allen screws and wait almost a month turn around time! :M :roll:

I'll never buy or recommend another Sunfire product again out of spite and pure principle. I talk with my $$$...

Comment

• gene9p
                  • Mar 2012

anyone have 805 boxes with packaging that are collecting dust..willing to purchase..please PM me or let me know where i can get some

thanks

Comment

• scanido
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by emig5m
                    Ha! I recently tried to order a new passive radiator driver for my Sunfire sub that started to come apart and they said that they don't sell and ship out parts to customers!!! They wanted me to ship them the (heavy) sub at my expense and then pay them a $275 flat rate labor fee and wait for them to do it at their own leisure and ship it back. It wasn't so much their flat rate repair fee that ticked me off for a stinkin' one minute fix, but the damned down time for a stinking eight allen screws that's only a one minute fix!!! I mean there's no wires or anything to touch! Just eight allen screws! I freakin' called twice on two different days hoping I'd get someone to just ship me one and I got the same "company policy" crap both times! I was just going to go to my local dealer and buy a brand new Velodyne - I wasn't going to wait an entire month turn around time to get my sub back. Didn't make sense to ship the sub for this simple repair. I could see if it was free warranty work or something, but not a out of warranty repair. Luckily I found somebody on Ebay that had three brand new passive drivers for my sub and got him to ship overnight.... Wow... that's a major government secret to sell and ship one of their cheap and poorly made passive drivers out to somebody! And oh man is it worth paying $275 plus shipping for someone to turn eight allen screws and wait almost a month turn around time! :M :roll:

I'll never buy or recommend another Sunfire product again out of spite and pure principle. I talk with my $$$...
                    Glad B&W is not like this!

I had an issue with my grills on my HTM3S and B&W customer service sent me a new one. Awesome service! This is one of the very reasons why i stuck with them on my next set of speakers, which ended up being the 802Diamonds.

Comment

• JürgenW
                      • Jul 2004

Hi,
                      Just the front of my HTM1 dropped to the floor. Trying to put it on again I saw that some of the pins missed and others were broken off. I have no idea when and how this has happened.
                      Anyway I am looking for a way to replace the pins. But where can I get them? Alternative pins would also be okay.

Comment

• sgtjim57
                        • Dec 2008

Recently purchased a pair of N804's and found after getting them home one tweeter was dented. New speakers(to me at least) and the dented tweeter bothered me. So I contacted BWGROUPSUPPORT and they (particularly Fernanda Silva) went out of his way to provide me the service I needed to get this done. I took pics and he advised what I needed. Yes, the tweeter was expensive but so are B & W speakers, by the way they are worth every cent. Thanks for your help.
                        Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
                        SVS SB 2000 X 2
                        Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
                        Oppo BDP 93
                        Apple TV 4K
                        B & W N804 Mains
                        B & W 603 Rear surrounds
                        B & W LCR 600 Center
                        B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
                        Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• roncomposer
                          • Aug 2016

I have had my P5 headphone for around 4 years. And now there is no sound from the right earpiece. I called the B&W in Jakarta Indonesia to order the P5 headphones right speaker parts. But the staff said I can not just order the parts, it should include the labour too. He said that I can't do the replacement my self. But the speaker plus the labour cost me half the price of the headphones itself. What a rip off. So I manage to just buy the right speaker and do the replacement my self. I hope there are some B&W representative here, and please check your service center in Jakarta Indonesia. Is it true that B&W Indonesia not allowed customer to do the replacement themself? There are lot of people complaining things since B&W open their representative office in Jakarta. Since then B&W did not seems the same anymore to a lot of customer in Jakarta, some are complaining the arrogance of the staff too.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"