X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Adding an Amp to RA-1570

Hi everyone!

I have a RA-1570. Just bought a pair of B&W CM10s this weekend, as I got a good deal used.

While the RA-1570 is no slouch, and drives the CM10s sufficiently, I am already thinking of upgrading and adding an Amp, such as RB-1582 MKII. A little more juice would not hurt

However, I am currently using my system with dual subs (SVS SB-12s) off RA-1570's pre out jacks. I would like to keep my subs. But, if I add an Amp to my RA-1570, I would be using the same pre outs on it for the Amp, right? So where would I hook up my subs, or the Amp up? I am lost.

If this does not work, any suggestions for an alternative upgrade path to me?

Thanks!
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

there should be a provision on the sub's back panel to run the L & R pre outputs to the SVS .....then....
    run another set of speaker cables from it to your main L & R speakers.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by wkhanna
      there should be a provision on the sub's back panel to run the L & R pre outputs to the SVS .....then....
      run another set of speaker cables from it to your main L & R speakers.
      Ahaaa! The high pass connection on the sub. I remember now. Thanks!

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Or something on this page. https://www.monoprice.com/search/ind...oofer+splitter
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

A couple of follow up questions:

1 - Is there a noticeable improvement upgrading from RA-1570 to RA-1592? I am aware of extra Watts and a different DAC, although not sure what extra bits and resolution would do to my ripped CDs library.

2 - I notice the 1592 has two subs out, which the RA-1570 lacks. How is this different than using the preouts on the 1570 for dual subs?

Thanks!

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by thyname
            A couple of follow up questions:

1 - Is there a noticeable improvement upgrading from RA-1570 to RA-1592? I am aware of extra Watts and a different DAC, although not sure what extra bits and resolution would do to my ripped CDs library.

2 - I notice the 1592 has two subs out, which the RA-1570 lacks. How is this different than using the preouts on the 1570 for dual subs?

Thanks!
            Anybody?

Comment

• jam200
              • Jan 2009

Having dedicated subs out allows you to use the pre-amps to add another amp. The 1592 would allow you to add the additional amp while also driving your subs.

Comment

• thyname
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jam200
                Having dedicated subs out allows you to use the pre-amps to add another amp. The 1592 would allow you to add the additional amp while also driving your subs.
                Thanks for the reply.

I am thinking of just replacing the RA-1570 with the RA-1592. No additional amp purchased.

And I just had those two questions.

Comment

• jam200
                  • Jan 2009

I have the Rotel RSP-1582 and also has the dedicated subwoofer outs. It allows me to have a pair of B&W ASW750 that add a significant punch to my system.

Comment

• thyname
                    • Jan 2005

Update:

I ended up ordering the RC-1090 / RB-1582 MKII Combo instead.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"