X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AustinP
    • Nov 2016

RSP 1068 with 4K TV

I am looking to replace a broken RSP 1068, which I have not had hooked up as a home theater. I recently purchased a new Samsung 4K TV and am looking for advice on whether or not I need to upgrade to something with HDMI in order to use my system as a home theater. My primary concern is 2 channel music. Home theater is a distant second. 99% of what we watch is on Netflix/Hulu, etc. I have a Roku, but now access streaming sites through the TV. My question: am I able to hook the TV up to an RSP 1068 (I would consider replacing my broken processor with the same model) and get 5.1 sound for streaming video?

Thanks- Austin
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I am going to hope (and assume) that your new TV has an optical (Toslink) output on the back? If it does, you could send the signal to your amp that way to get 5.1 surround sound. Easy peasy !
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• function12
      • Oct 2007

What he said. I have had a Samsung 4k tv for a couple of years now. All my video sources go straight to the TV and all audio sources go straight to the RSP1068. HDMI/ARC still has sync issues with picture and audio with almost every review I read in the forums.

Comment

• AustinP
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by madmac
        I am going to hope (and assume) that your new TV has an optical (Toslink) output on the back? If it does, you could send the signal to your amp that way to get 5.1 surround sound. Easy peasy !
        Yes, it does. I had tried with the semi-broken unit and it did not work, so I wanted to make sure that it should work before I purchase another. Thanks!

- Austin

Comment

• AustinP
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by function12
          What he said. I have had a Samsung 4k tv for a couple of years now. All my video sources go straight to the TV and all audio sources go straight to the RSP1068. HDMI/ARC still has sync issues with picture and audio with almost every review I read in the forums.
          Great, thanks!

- Austin

Comment

• AustinP
            • Nov 2016

So...I purchased a used unit. Everything seems to work fine, though I cannot get the Toslink connection to work. I have tried through both V4 and V5 and toggled through all settings with no sound. Sound on the TV is set to "Optical". Right now I only have two speakers hooked up, along with a REL sub- not sure if that would make any difference. Does anyone have any thoughts?

- Austin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"