X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry Michels
    • Nov 2015

RSP-1572 HDMI outputs

Hi Folks, Just joined tody, and am glad to find a Rotel group! I have had a Rotel system with various components for about 15 years now, and have just decided it might be good to see if I an join in on questions and post some of my own. So, to start, on my 1572 there are two HDMI outputs, I use one to feed a large-screen Samsung TV, and it all work fine. I pipe my DVD, Apple TV, DirecTV, and Blu-Ray signals to it via the 1572. I have a separate 5.1 speaker system, so the Samsung speakers are turned off. I would like to use the second HDMI output to send these signals to a smaller Visio TV in the basement (there is a direct feed to the basement from the Great Room). However, when I hook it up, I get picture but no sound. Shouldn't the HDMI connection carry sound to the second TV? I have the second TV's speaker on. Thanks for any comments or help.

Jerry Michels
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

Afaik, the RSP-1572 allows you to select (in the setup menus) between HDMI audio being passed to the TV (no audio from processor) or processed internally (no audio on the TV). You can't have audio in both places.

You'll have to split HDMI prior to the processor (perhaps a 4x4 matrix switch).

Comment

• Jerry Michels
      • Nov 2015

OK, thanks. That pretty well answers my question. Since the 1572 is processing sound to the surround system, I can't send separate sound to the TV in the basement.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"