X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Rotel in Best Buy

Hey guys, for those that maybe never got a chance to audition Rotel gear before, or want to check out new stuff, at least some Best Buys now carry Rotel as their mid-line. I thought that was pretty interesting. I opened a nice AV cabinet and saw some myself there yesterday, though my time was limited, and I did not get to audition any.

I wonder what this will do for Rotel interest as a whole, and maybe even Club Rotel? :-)

I hope generate more interest!

Cool ? :B
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Rotel at BB? I guess it would be a good economic move for Rotel. Was it in their Magnolia section or out with the , err , other stuff? I really wouldn't want to audition a Rotel amp with $200 Polk speakers.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Correction: I wouldn't want to audition Rotel gear with any Polk speakers. And before the Polk owners get their panties in a bunch , I just don't care for Polk speakers. Personal preference , not an indictment of the brand. Much. It's not like they're Bose. Now that was an indictment of a brand , so , Bose owners you may now bunch up your panties. LOL
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
        • May 2004

I've seen it at Magnolia's in BB... those guys act like sh*t heads. Instead of talking to customers they are walking around like a bunch of snobs not selling anything. I can only recommend Mag'NOlia for kicking the tires and then finding someone else that will take care of you before during and after the sale. Don't get me wrong I love BB not Mag-NO-NO

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Most of my BB experience has been buying computer parts , and I would rather the staff just point in the right direction when I ask them something. Knowledgeable conversation wasn't on the menu there. To be honest , before I purchase expensive things I've done my research and know what I want to see and hear before I get there. I avoid sales staff as much as possible. It's increasingly difficult to find people on the sales floor that know their products , and if I'm not buying the bits with the biggest mark up (commission) then I cease to be a priority. Apathy works for me there. LOL
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Well, of course, each store can vary. I met a sales guy that was very nice to me. He even ran up to the front after I left to give me a business card, of course, that was self serving, but he was good listener, and showed me the gear, and was ready to help me any way possible, that's all I can ask of a rep. Honestly, the place we had years ago had the egos and were quite difficult to deal with at times.

I'm not in market for anything right now anyway, but if I was, I wouldn't be afraid to look there. Someday maybe...
            Doug

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

I know I'm difficult. I can't lay it all on sales folks. There are a lot of good , honest , knowledgeable ones out there. I may wander back to a BB to see/hear the Rotel gear , though.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                • Jan 2014

Hi Folks,

Rotel can one found in Magnolia Design Centers, located in select Best Buy stores in the U.S. (79 locations in total.) Like all sales organizations, some salespeople are more professional than others (this is true for salespeople in general.) I've been impressed regarding the efforts that Best Buy expends in continually training their MDC salespeople.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                B&W Group North America

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

I love that company reps are active members here. It really makes the 'Guide a first tier quality place for our obsession. Err , hobby , yeah , that's it , just a hobby.

In all seriousness , it is great to know that major manufacturers not only take an interest in their retail partner's training , they actually take the time to let us know. Thanks , Patrick. Your presence is appreciated.
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

As mentioned above and in another thread here on the forum, I would be concerned as to what BB is connecting the Rotel gear to speaker wise!
                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by madmac
                      As mentioned above and in another thread here on the forum, I would be concerned as to what BB is connecting the Rotel gear to speaker wise!
                      They also sell B&W

Comment

• Alaric
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006

I would hope they wouldn't put the MTX , etc. , speakers in the Magnolia room with the Martin Logans.
                        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                        Schiit Modi 3
                        Marantz CD5005
                        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                          • Jan 2014

Thank you! We appreciate your enthusiasm for Rotel.

Regards,

Patrick
                          B&W Group North America

Originally posted by Alaric
                          I love that company reps are active members here. It really makes the 'Guide a first tier quality place for our obsession. Err , hobby , yeah , that's it , just a hobby.

In all seriousness , it is great to know that major manufacturers not only take an interest in their retail partner's training , they actually take the time to let us know. Thanks , Patrick. Your presence is appreciated.

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Well, it's not only enthusiasm for Rotel, but we are really glad to have Patrick stop by and give us the scoop on things, answer questions, clarify features, just all that sort of thing, it gives us a nice perk to being a HTG and Club Rotel member. Not to mention Club B & W member.

Since BW group has both lines, of course, both are well positioned in Magnolia listening centers. FYI, in my store, they completely redesigned the Magnolia Center with 2 private listening and viewing rooms complete with sound treatments. This takes Best Buy to the next level! The rotel could be auditioned with B & W speakers, Sonus faber, or B & W speakers, so you are not limited to LOW end speakers for your listening and testing pleasure. I suggest if you don't get a good rep at first, take another visit later, you may find an alternate rep that you click with and can deal with.

I'll be stopping in from time to time since BB is next door to Guitar Center locally. LOL.

Good listening and viewing:

Doug
                            Doug

Comment

• madmac
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2010

I'm going to check out Best buy here in Canada to see if Rotel gear is featured there !
                              Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                • Jan 2014

Hi madmac,

Unfortunately, Rotel is not available at Best Buy in Canada. In the U.S., Rotel is only available at the Magnolia Design Centers inside of 80 Best Buy stores.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                                B&W Group North America

Originally posted by madmac
                                I'm going to check out Best buy here in Canada to see if Rotel gear is featured there !

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"