Connect bluray player question. Need Help please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Connect bluray player question. Need Help please.

I am wondering if from my blu-ray player, connect the HDMI directly to the television..... or thru the receiver that I am ONLY using as a preamp then out from the receiver to the television?

My setup is Rotel RMB 1095 Amp, Pioneer Elite SC-37 as a preamp only, pioneer elite fd-23 bluray player. The composite audio from the bluray player is hooked to the receiver (preamp)
    Television is an older Sony (approx 2008 year) DLP
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Running HDMI through the receiver will allow the receiver to decode the surround formats on your discs, and it will also allow you to use your receiver as a source selector without having to change inputs on your TV... that is, if you run other sources like a cable/sat box, game console, streaming box etc. through it. You will also get the highest resolution audio possible from the disc (i.e. Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio etc.) if you use the HDMI connection.

How do you have audio hooked up now? You said "composite audio" but there's no such thing. There's analog audio (red & white RCAs), coax digital, optical digital, or HDMI. If you use HDMI you won't need any other audio connections between your BD player and your receiver.

You have a high end receiver, you might as well take full advantage of its capabilities.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"