X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewmr
    • Aug 2015

RSX-1067 Problem

I picked up a 1067 a few months back, and I can not get any sound from it.

The prior owner said it worked fine when he put it away, but it does not work now.

The front panel lights up, and a second or two after that I get a click. I'm thinking that is correct/good as my other receiver (Sony) does the same thing.

Amy I doing something wrong of does it need to go back? Is there a simple trick or a fuse or???

And then the next question, if it costs a couple hundred bucks to get this fixed, is it worth it. Or is it better to sell it for parts?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Try putting the unit into 'Stereo bypass' mode and see if you get sound . This bypasses all the digital processing. If you get sound, then there is a problem with the digital board.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• andrewmr
      • Aug 2015

Dan,

By stereo bypass.... does that mean selecting the 2ch button on the front panel?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Multiple times I believe to get it into bypass. Or you can hook up to the multi-channel inputs on the back and select that input. Must use analog cables for these tests.

Do the test-tones in the menu work?

Kevin D.

Comment

• andrewmr
          • Aug 2015

Kevin,

I'll have to find a TV to hook up to the receiver and check out the menu.

I'll try out the test tones as well.

Not sure what this will tell me, but I'm going try headphones tomorrow. Does the output to the headphones go through the amplifier?

I'm also going try the front pre outs and see if there's a signal there.

On a non related topic, I went to college in Hattiesburg :-)

Mike

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Definitely hook up a monitor. There's no telling what the settings are that may explain why you're not getting any audio.

I've actually moved to Orlando a few months back, but lived there for over 17 years. USM or William Carey?

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by andrewmr
              Dan,

By stereo bypass.... does that mean selecting the 2ch button on the front panel?
              I believe it's the "Sur+" button on the remote. Keep pressing it until you see 'Stereo Bypass' indicated on the receiver's front screen. You'll have to have an analog source hooked up to the amp as well.

Comment

• andrewmr
                • Aug 2015

Kevin.

USM.

Ok, I think I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I tried to hook a TV up to the receiver and using both the monitor out and then the component video out I could not get a signal to the TV. It didn't produce a picture and the TV said it did not see a signal, but it did recognize that something was hooked up to those inputs.

I did get the front panel to display bypass..... but still no sound.

And as you guys know, there is no headphone jack :-)

Thanks for your help in trying to get this working with me. Does this thing have a value for parts? Or is it just worth the value of the remote?

Mike

And looking at the bright side, it's time to find a nice RC-1090 and corresponding amp.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Last chance, did you hit AUD on the remote before hitting menu? I think the display should change to OSD or something while a menu should be displaying on the monitor out.

Comment

• andrewmr
                    • Aug 2015

I hit every button on the remote..... a couple of times....

But, I'll hook it all back up and check it one more time.

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Kevin is correct. You need to hit the 'AUD' button on the remote so that the remote screen says 'Rotel' on it. Then you press the 'MENU' button on the remote to pull up the menu.

However, if you got the unit into the stereo bypass mode and still got no sound, then it's something other than the digital board. My guess is that if you sent it to Rotel, it would probably not cost you much more than $300 bucks to fix it. For a receiver of that caliber, it would be well worth it to fix it!!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"