X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Rotel RSP1572 vs Marantz AV8801

I would like to think that both are very good processors. Rotel without bells and whistles while Marantz come with everything you can think off. Comparing the 2 head to head may come down to personal taste but I would like to hear your experiences on this 2 machines
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

No takers?

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I haven't heard the Rotel processor , but I like Marantz. Having said that , the Rotel's sound will probably be a smidge (or more) above. Marantz makes good stuff , I own some of their gear and love it , but Rotel makes Good Stuff and I generally regard it as the next step up from Marantz in most cases. Big M is (IMO) at the top of mid fi , while Rotel gets you into hi fi. As always , YMMV.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

I agree with Lee above on this one. The Rotel will no doubt sound better. That being said, would will have to decide if Marantz's bells and whistles are worth the trade off.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

I probably should have said the next step up from the Marantz leve , but Marantz gear can sound very good. Rotel , however , starts at a SQ level above the mid fi tier and just goes up from there. They have fewer doo dads because the idea is to pass the signal through with minimal processing. I love my Marantz gear , and my SACD player carried a Stereophile Class A rating. I'll still put it up against the Rotel CD player and be happy with my unit. But , and it's a big but , amplification (pre and power) are where Rotel shines. Lots of dynamic headroom , good current reserves , and very musical overall. With good enough speakers the Rotel will easily outshine the Marantz , IMO. If you have a difficult room and can't make major changes to accommodate the audio , the Marantz may give you the option to tailor what you hear , in your environment , to the point you prefer it. In home audition is your best bet if at all possible.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• eelco74
            • Dec 2002

I went from the RSP-1098 to a Marantz 8802 and also listened to the 8801.

As far as the 1572 sonically is very close to the 8801 but in Stereo direct mode the 1572 is quite a bit better.
            However if you have a acoustically bad room the Audissey in the 8801 might help you a lot.

Marantz really made a step in the pre-pro section of the 8802 compared to the 8801, I really love the performance of the 8802 in both stereo and surround.

So it all depends on what you are looking for.
            For Stereo and direct surround the 1572 is probably a bit better
            however in Surround with auddisey the 8801 might do an even better job.
            Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
            Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
            Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"