X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikej
    • Oct 2005

Marantz 7400 + either Rotel 1040 or marantz 6500

I have a marantz 7400 + 603 bw +sunfire sub, I want to upgrade my DVD to either a Rotel 1040 or Marantz 6500. There isn't a major price difference, but someone said the rotel has excellent dvd (24-bit/192 kHz ) and the marantz (54MHz/10bit). I will listen to music 50/50. Please give me your opinion

mike
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

The 24/192 is audio DAC. The 54/10 is video DAC. Two different things. Both the Rotel and Marantz audio DACs are spec'ed at 24/192. I haven't heard either one, but I'm just clearifying this for you.

But if you can listen to them both and both have a sound not too far off from each other, then I'd say go for the Marantz solely for matching looks and because you can have it turn on and off with your Marantz 7400.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Verinnal
      • Mar 2005

I love my marantz DV6500. Haven't ever heard the Rotel product so I can't compare the two but I haven't had any problems with my Marantz. Both video and Audio are great.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"