X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franin
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by sakgoz79
    01.09.2015 and there is still no news about Rsp 1582 so I think If the Rotel do not add Dts X and Dolby Atmos , Rotel Rsp 1582 will be just " stillborn baby ".
    I agree.

Frank

Comment

• whmacs
      • Oct 2003

Hi All,
      Well, after 11 years my RSP-1098 finally died six weeks ago. The sound started dropping out on it. My understanding is that the capacitors are leaking as the processor heats up. I was hoping to buy a RSP-1582 to replace it. Unfortunately I could not wait any longer. I've now using a Yamaha RX-A2040 as a processor to my Rotel power amps. To be honest it sounds really good and the HDMI switching works without issue. I may look at moving to a Yamaha CA-A5100 processor when it becomes available in October. If the RSP-1582 is out then I will certainly consider it.
      Last edited by whmacs; 06 October 2015, 15:35 Tuesday.
      My Home Theatre

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Hi whmacs

Why did you not just buy the RSP-1580 its was over your side of the world it was available

Comment

• JDH
          • Sep 2004

Probably the same reason I didn't buy it, ie. Limited to only 4 HDMI inputs, I went with the RSP-1572 instead.

JDH

Originally posted by Mikael
          Hi whmacs

Why did you not just buy the RSP-1580 its was over your side of the world it was available
          Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Patrick Butler
            • Jan 2014

Hi JDH,

They are in production and we should be shipping them in about a month, give or take a week or two. Like all things these days, the hardware take x amount of months to design, and the software takes 10x. I've beta tested units in our offices, and it sounds fantastic.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
            B&W Group North America

Originally posted by JDH
            Any update from Rotel on the release date etc for its RSP AV processor?

JDH

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

Has any of the specs changed?

JDH
              Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                • Jan 2014

Hi JDH,

Can you clarify what you mean by specs?

Thanks,

Patrick

Originally posted by JDH
                Has any of the specs changed?

JDH

Comment

• JDH
                  • Sep 2004

There was earlier discussion about adding the latest version of hdmi to allow full ultra HD compatability HDCP 2.2 ?, and to a lessor extent adding any additional surround standards like ATMOS,DTS-X etc. would not be a major concern for me at the moment but these features are pretty much standard for all flagship HT equipment manufactures.

I wonder if any of this was able to be added with the extra time.

JDH
                  Last edited by JDH; 11 September 2015, 04:58 Friday.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                    • Jan 2014

Hi JDH,

Thanks for clarifying!

HDCP 2.2 support will be added at the end of the year (which was always the plan), and Atmos, DTS-X next year (early I believe.)

Atmos has still not rolled out among smaller manufacturers (Rotel, Classe, McIntosh, NAD, Arcam etc.) The notable exception would be the $18,000 and up specialty processors who didn't wait for TI or Cirrus Logic to introduce a DSP for this functionality.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by JDH
                    There was earlier discussion about adding the latest version of hdmi to allow full ultra HD compatability HDCP 2.2 ?, and to a lessor extent adding any additional surround standards like ATMOS,DTS-X etc. would not be a major concern for me at the moment but these features are pretty much standard for all flagship HT equipment manufactures.

I wonder if any of this was able to be added with the extra time.

JDH

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                      • May 2004

Here is the real question...??? If the product is off to manufacturing why the h*ll has Rotel not promoted the device on the website? Try to generate some excitement beyond us Rotel gearheads? I'm sure the box answer is we want to make sure everything is correct and the specs and latest are correct. Heck throw a disclaimer *** subject to change*** in there somewhere. We want to see it, read about it etc...

I love my Rotel gear but damn we have a better chance of seeing sasquatch than this mystery processor.... release something/info/pictures/box/brochure/flyer/on button.... you get the point...

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                        • May 2004

I assume it will be a software rollout for both HDCP and the new sound modes (DTS-X )and NOT hardware so early adopters do not fear buying too early....

Thanks!!
                        Last edited by Woo Wooooo; 27 September 2015, 11:09 Sunday. Reason: want to add prior messsage

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
                          Hi JDH,

Thanks for clarifying!

HDCP 2.2 support will be added at the end of the year (which was always the plan), and Atmos, DTS-X next year (early I believe.)

Atmos has still not rolled out among smaller manufacturers (Rotel, Classe, McIntosh, NAD, Arcam etc.) The notable exception would be the $18,000 and up specialty processors who didn't wait for TI or Cirrus Logic to introduce a DSP for this functionality.

Regards,

Patrick
                          I assume it will be a software rollout for both HDCP and the new sound modes (DTS-X )and NOT hardware so early adopters do not fear buying too early....

Thanks!!

Comment

• JDH
                            • Sep 2004

I'd say HDCP will be hardware and available at time of launch and any other surround formats will be software in the new year.

JDH

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                              • May 2004

Hey Patrick, It's Oct 7th any updates? Promo, Literature, Official Spec. sheets?

Comment

• hometheaternut
                                • Oct 2014

2015 Rotel catalog will be available in November 2015! Look out for the RSP-1582 very soon!!!!!

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                  • Jan 2014

Good news! The new RSP-1582 begins shipping next week in North America.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                                  B&W Group North America

Comment

• sakgoz79
                                    • Jan 2015

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                                    B&W Group North America
                                    Is there any other processor like rsp 1576 ?

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                      • May 2004

Thanks for sticking with us during this waiting period. I look forward in researching the 1582 and reading reviews and specs.
                                      -Woo

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                        • Jan 2014

Hi sakgoz79,

Nothing in the immediate future to replace the current RSP-1572.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                                        B&W Group North America

Comment

• hometheaternut
                                          • Oct 2014

Patrick,

With Rotel's 50th Anniversary coming next year will we see new components for both Stereo and Home Theater at CES 2016? With just the release of the RSP-1582 finally I would imagine there will be new H/T Receivers and a RSP-1572 replacement soon or are we talking about CEDIA 2016 time frame because of HDMI 2.0a. What about the RB-1581 will it be offered in the States soon? How much?

Keep Talking,

The Nut that Keeps Cracking

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                            • May 2004

Nice signature! :P

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                              • Jan 2014

Hi hometheaternut,

Rotel's 50th Anniversary happened years ago. They have been steadily introducing new stereo components over the last two years. Next year we are hoping to see a replacement for the RSP-1572 and RSX-1562 (both planned products) and perhaps a big integrated. There are no plans in the immediate future for the RB-1581 mono amps. Would you be interested if they sold for $5000 a pair in North America?

Regards,

Patrick
                                              B&W Group North America

Originally posted by hometheaternut
                                              Patrick,

With Rotel's 50th Anniversary coming next year will we see new components for both Stereo and Home Theater at CES 2016? With just the release of the RSP-1582 finally I would imagine there will be new H/T Receivers and a RSP-1572 replacement soon or are we talking about CEDIA 2016 time frame because of HDMI 2.0a. What about the RB-1581 will it be offered in the States soon? How much?

Keep Talking,

The Nut that Keeps Cracking

Comment

• sakgoz79
                                                • Jan 2015

Hi hometheaternut,

Rotel's 50th Anniversary happened years ago. They have been steadily introducing new stereo components over the last two years. Next year we are hoping to see a replacement for the RSP-1572 and RSX-1562 (both planned products) and perhaps a big integrated. There are no plans in the immediate future for the RB-1581 mono amps. Would you be interested if they sold for $5000 a pair in North America?

Regards,

Patrick
                                                B&W Group North America
                                                Is there any news about rsp 1572 connection? just rca or possible to add xlr connection?

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                  • Oct 2014

... Next year ... and perhaps a big integrated.
                                                  Yes! Yes! Yes! .. sorry could not resist

I big integrated that combines something similar to RC-1590 + RB-1582 + RDD-1580, would be very nice to have.

Regards,

ZorgSpiff

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                    • Oct 2007

Are there any changes from the preliminary spec (the PDF shown early in this thread) to the production model?

Comment

• hometheaternut
                                                      • Oct 2014

Yes! Alright!! The new Rotel website is UP!!!!!!!!!!Look's Great! Finally, Wow much better!! I'm excited.

Comment

• Wardo
                                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by hometheaternut
                                                        Yes! Alright!! The new Rotel website is UP!!!!!!!!!!Look's Great! Finally, Wow much better!! I'm excited.
                                                        So exciting! Finally a worthy replacement for my 1098!

Comment

• Mikael
                                                          • Aug 2007

I have just looked its still the old one at Rotel.com. does the new one have a different adresse?

Comment

• Wardo
                                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Mikael
                                                            I have just looked its still the old one at Rotel.com. does the new one have a different adresse?
                                                            Try this link, http://rotel.com/product/rsp-1582 it's to the 1582 page.

Comment

• Mikael
                                                              • Aug 2007

Dont work

Comment

• Wardo
                                                                • May 2006

You should clear your cookies then, the new site is up and running, or maybe it's because you're in Denmark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mikael
                                                                  • Aug 2007

It works now

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2004

Sweet Jesus the day has come!!! Very excited to research and read reviews towards next steps once they start delivering....

Comment

• Wardo
                                                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                                                                      Sweet Jesus the day has come!!! Very excited to research and read reviews towards next steps once they start delivering....
                                                                      Same here! Couldn't have been introduced at a better time for me, my 12 year old 1098 is dying for the third time. I still love the problem child but will happily upgrade to the 1582.

Comment

• JDH
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Sep 2004

So I guess it will be another 6 to 12 months before the RSP-1582 becomes available in Australia ?

The RSP-1572 is no longer on the new Rotel website, does that mean it has been discontinued ?

JDH

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Oct 2007

The RSP1572 is still on the UK / EU website. Just not obvious (select processors then you see a large pic of the 1582 and there is a small link for the 1572).

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2004
                                                                            • 177

Well I have seen a RSP-1582 in the wild. It was not hooked up yet..... But has anyone purchased one and if so what is your review PROS/CONS. I've seen 10 reviews from different websites/publications and the articles are all the same word for word... I need an honest review from someone who owns it..... I hope it worth all the waiting!! Thanks
                                                                            Last edited by Woo Wooooo; 13 November 2015, 00:34 Friday. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                            Search Result for "|||"