X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dooher
    • Jul 2010

Program 1067 without onscreen menus

Greetings all,

Is it possible to setup bass management without having the 1067 connected to a TV? Reason: I bought a 1067 (at a great price) for use in a 2.1 channel, music only setup, and I can't get the sub out to send a signal. There's no TV in this setup, so am I stuck?

Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The setup software doesn't work with the 1067, so you will need to drag a tv over or move it to a tv to get it setup initially.

Kevin

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

I agree with Kevin. It's an A/V receiver so it is designed and expected to be used as such. Also, there are a lot of settings to go through once you get it connected to a TV. Make sure you read the manual. In your case, since you want a 2.1 music only scenario, you'll have to tell it that you want both main speakers set to large (Recommended) or small ......no center.......no surrounds.......sub (Yes)....then set the crossover frequency to where you want it (this will be dependent on how large your main speakers are). Using a SPL meter, do the pink noise test and calibrate your mains to be properly balanced volume wise. Then with music (Recommended) set the sub's volume to compliment the mains.....not dominate them. Also be advised that the Rotel's on screen menu will only work with a component or S-Video wire and NOT with the HDMI in most cases. This will be indicated in the user manual.

Once all this is done, the Rotel will in most cases remember the settings unless a hard reset is somehow done.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

I agree with Kevin. It's an A/V receiver so it is designed and expected to be used as such. Also, there are a lot of settings to go through once you get it connected to a TV. Make sure you read the manual. In your case, since you want a 2.1 music only scenario, you'll have to tell it that you want both main speakers set to large (Recommended) or small ......no center.......no surrounds.......sub (Yes)....then set the crossover frequency to where you want it (this will be dependent on how large your main speakers are). Using a SPL meter, do the pink noise test and calibrate your mains to be properly balanced volume wise. Then with music (Recommended) set the sub's volume to compliment the mains.....not dominate them. Also, treble and bass ('Contour' in Rotel's language) can be set as well in the menu. Also be advised that the Rotel's on screen menu will only work with a component video or S-Video wire and NOT with the HDMI in most cases. This will be indicated in the user manual.

Once all this is done, the Rotel will in most cases remember the settings unless a hard reset is somehow done. Then, you can put the TV away!.

The sub's volume as well as the 'Contour' (bass and treble settings) can be adjusted via the remote without needing a monitor.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• dooher
          • Jul 2010

Thanks guys, I'll pull a TV over and set it up for 2.1. It's so worth it, as these 1067s have such a good sound.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"