X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aricoboyo
    • Mar 2008

RSP-1069 Display Problem

I went to power off my 1069 by pushing the power button, when I did, a static charge from my finger tip caused it to immediately shut off. I had to power cycle it with the switch on the back, as it was unresponsive. It came back on but now the display is random gibberish. :cry: Anybody know of a way to reset the display or is it on it's way back to Rotel for repairs?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

This doesn't sound good! Try doing what you just did but unplug it and leave it that way for an hour. Does the unit work otherwise? I had a similar experience with a static charge using the volume knob on my Rotel....shooting the volume from 25 all the way to 85 in a fraction of a second. There was no damage to my unit however other than to my ears!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Shinnosuki
      • Sep 2007

There was a way to reset for the illumination for the LED display, which might work:

To activate the refresh mode of your unit, place the unit into the standby mode. Next, press and hold the “2CH” and “MUTE” buttons on the front panel simultaneously while powering the unit on with the remote control. The unit should power on with all the pixels of the display illuminated and the front panel buttons can be released at this point. The unit is fully functional while in the refresh mode and the unit can be put into the standby mode and the display will remain in the refresh mode. The refresh mode will be deactivated once the unit is brought back out of standby.

Ive tried this on a RSP 1068, so it might work on a 1069 also.

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Give it a go but this feature was only designed to assist in removing burn in effect of pixels being left on all the time.

JDH
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"