• Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner Issue

The front display of the unit reads the following:

FAIL:

Relay weld

In addition to that the lights for the Line Boost and Line Trim were alternating between each other. I looked in the manual for possible solutions and the only one offered was to unplug the unit and the issue may reset itself. Well that didn't happen, still showing the same message. Oddly everything plugged into it still works but I am guessing its no longer providing any protection. Couldn't find anything online about this. Is the unit essentially dead?

If it is dead can anyone offer a comparable replacement?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's not quite dead, but the relay that shuts power off if under/over voltage for too long is fused in the on position.

You can still buy the same unit from APC http://www.apc.com/products/resource...ase_sku=H15BLK

I would imagine APC could probably replace the relay for you as well. Worse case you could put the guts of an H15 into your 1040 to keep the Rotel look.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
      It's not quite dead, but the relay that shuts power off if under/over voltage for too long is fused in the on position.

You can still buy the same unit from APC http://www.apc.com/products/resource...ase_sku=H15BLK

I would imagine APC could probably replace the relay for you as well. Worse case you could put the guts of an H15 into your 1040 to keep the Rotel look.

Kevin D.
      Funny that you mention the APC unit, I just bought one before I read your post (figured the RLC-1040 needed to be replaced). Yesterday I picked up a Panamax MR4300 from Best Buy but when I got home realized that while I could manage with only 8 outlets on the unit I was using 10 on RLC-1040. Also noticed the Panamax didn't have all the features of the RLC-1040 which I need do to old house wiring. That's when I cam across the APC unit you mentioned. Best part is the APC unit seems to be discontinued and can be had for half of what I paid for the RLC-1040. Interesting idea about keeping the Rotel look, I just may try that.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"