X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimP
    • Jul 2005

RMB 1095.....seems like volume lowers as it warms up. HELP

I'm trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my Rotel RMB 1095.

The volume lowers from initial turn on up to 45 minutes later and then stabilizes.

Thought it might be my hearing but I can leave the room for a while and come back and find that it doesn't sound any louder.

Does this sounds like there is something wrong with my amp?
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

If the volume changes you claim to hear are true, this is probably best verified on the test bench by a technician. Unless someone else has a similar experience, we would only be guessing as to what may be wrong. At 13 years old, the amp could do with a checkup anyway.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I can send you the service document so you can check to see if the output is in spec. Just need an Multimeter and to (basically) take the cover off. You'll find adjustable pots and can put the amp back in spec and see if that fixes things.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• lradden
        • Sep 2012

How about just using an SPL meter to check if it's as loud at power up as it is later on.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I agree. An SPL meter with Rotel's pink noise emitter (or a test CD) should verify if this issue is true. Also be aware that with Rotel products, you can go into the menu and set the volume level where you want it on startup.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"